GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Wish them all the luck. I hope they still build nice ICE vehicles for folks like me and the small block lives on. Teslas for a host of reasons aren’t good vehicles. Especially due to the lack of repair options, poor fit/finish, software glitches (basically owners are beta testing) and the fact they really are a software company trying to build cars.

I hope GM can straddle the line of going after Tesla while keeping ‘normal’ folks like me in the fold. If they can it will be an impressive feat.
Normal folks are going to be forced to get on things like that horrid autonobus Cruise Origin. Driving for us normies will be a thing of the past.

There is an article floating around the internets talking about those perfect Swedish countries and their attempt to sway their people out of EVs and into EV autonobuses because the human operated EVs aren't "green" enough.

I feel that self driving autonobuses will become the ultimate form of Greenology in the future.

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
We have city buses, street cars, subways, elevated trains, cabs, Über, and Lyft now. Yet we have not been forced to ride any of them. Yet, we are going to be forced to ride on Cruise. Why are they waiting?
I know I know, "It just doesn't make sense", but yet we are being coaxed gently into EVs and self driving/driverless vehicles and transportation pods aren't we?

When I find the article I read, I'll post a link to it and you can make your own judgement.

Just remember, when you find yourself boiling next to Mr.Frog whom thought he was in for just a "nice warm bath" it will be too late. Those of us who are unfortunate enough to be in the pot boiling with Mr.Frog will be like crabs trying to get out. That's when they (our great and wonderful government officials) will be putting the lid on the pot while they're out there zooming around in the streets crashing their eleventy billion dollar hyper cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts