·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicles get a workout on new track
Cars and drivers challenged
ABC12
Randy Conat

Milford, Michigan — (06/14/04)-- General Motors engineers and designers have a new tool to help them create high performance cars.

The company already has a small test track in Arizona. But this new course in southeast Michigan will really determine if the cars are going to hold up in everyday life.

It's intense. You're really focusing. Fun doesn't exactly enter into it. Perhaps before and afterwards, but you're really there to do a job," said Adam Dean, of the GM Performance Division.

GM recently completed a new road course at its Milford Proving Grounds in Oakland and Livingston Counties. This track is where they'll put high performance cars through their paces.

"We also use the course for endurance development, meaning you're putting the car under high loads for a very extended period of time," explained Rick Kewley, also with the GM Performance Division.

GM doesn't test all of its models on Milford Road Course. Dean says only the pick up the fleet get picked up. "Corvettes, all of our Cadillac line up, most of our Pontiac line up are evaluated out here for their high performance capabilities," he said.

Article and VIDEO here

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
"It's intense. You're really focusing. Fun doesn't exactly enter into it. Perhaps before and afterwards, but you're really there to do a job," said Adam Dean

I can think of less fun jobs, Adam.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
man, that STS looks GREAT in black.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you don't get at least a minor level of enjoyment out of a job like that, then chekc your pulse cuz you're probably dead.

if that were me... "Sure it's a job, and we're here to explore the limits of these cars, but I've got to admit, there are days when I get up and say to myself, "I can't believe they PAY ME to do this!"

·
Registered
259 Posts
Don't bother with the video - it's realplayer. <_<

1 - 5 of 5 Posts