GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
It's about damn time.
This is good news, it should have been all along, but they still have the no haggle pricing.
They need to dump MSRP no haggle pricing in favor of "the price on the window is the price you pay" pricing.
That will give dealers pricing flexibility.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It's about damn time.
They need to dump MSRP no haggle pricing in favor of "the price on the window is the price you pay" pricing.
That will give dealers pricing flexibility.
I think I get you....you mean another price the dealer puts on the windshield, as their discounted price?

Bottom line is, the no haggle price on Saturns makes no sense now since you can buy the same product, just about, at another GM dealer. When Saturns were different, and had the plastic no dent skins, that made sense. But they dumped the plastic bodies, and now have vehicles on same platforms as Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, so they need to dump the no haggle. (or bring back the no dent bodies, either way)

Saturn used to be different, but now they are just another GM brand. My opinion is, Saturn should have kept building just small cars, or go away, and let Oldsmobile stay....but instead, they (GM) dump Olds, which had heritage, and keep Saturn, but give Saturn vehicles that are badged similar copies of other GM divisions, just like Olds used to be. :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I stopped using my card because GM has not included Saab. I don't know how to feel about this. Does this mean that Saab is next or does it mean nothing? I had it all figured out. I was going to buy the next 9-5 using this. I have been a member since 1996 and am still waiting for Saab to be added.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
This has been a pet peeve of mine. And why I havn't owned a new Saturn since 2002.

I hope they have some good redemption amounts.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
This is good news, it should have been all along, but they still have the no haggle pricing. That needs to go away. I've decided on the Enclave, as of now for later this year, but if they got rid of the no haggle pricing on Saturn, I might be swayed to look at the Outlook again. Just don't get why every division of GM doesn't have the same price tactics. Now the warranties are different too, the Buick has better than the rest, so that too sways me towards the Buick. I'm just crossing my fingers that there are no strikes when I want to order my 2009 model.
This makes no sense. An Enclave at invoice is still more than an Outlook at a fixed price..

Buick & Cadillac have better bumper to bumpers that is true, but it has always been that way it wasn't decided last year or anything.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Same car my wife wants, 9-3 Sport Combi with six speed manual and 2.0 turbo motor. Too bad, I wonder how many Saab sales GM loses from not accepting GM card dollars? She may get a Ford Edge instead if she doesn’t like the new Vue. I was hoping they would announce Saab along with Saturn, now Saab is the only US GM brand that doesn't take GM card earnings, odd.

I assume since I have the old style gold card I can still get up to about $3700 back at Saturn if I build up for seven years. I think we got a little over $3700 off on our Malibu Maxx 3 years ago.
Three out of the five different GM Card programs can use earnings on Saabs.

Looks like the only three cards you can apply for now are all able to use some level of earnings against a Saab.

One of them pops up in the google ads showing with this thread, the flexcard.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
I think I get you....you mean another price the dealer puts on the windshield, as their discounted price?
Yes... dealer can put whatever they want on there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
This makes no sense. An Enclave at invoice is still more than an Outlook at a fixed price..

Buick & Cadillac have better bumper to bumpers that is true, but it has always been that way it wasn't decided last year or anything.
It's all about value. The Buick Enclave CX FWD is only $700 more than an Outlook XR FWD (XR to get the same 275 H.P. engine and to talk apples to apples), with options the same built in to match the Buick. (assuming a 2008 model, 2009 may differ more, I don't know the price changes yet) Then, the Buick has the quiet tuning, and the better warranty, which, by the way, I don't think has always been. GM for years and years always had just 3 years, 36,000 miles across the board...not sure when it changed for Buick, and Cadillac. Anyone out there know? As for the GM card points, I still don't know if I can use those with the GM Supplier for friends promotion that's going on till the end of the year. I bet they have some crap about not being able to combine the two offers. However it goes, the Supplier discount should be better than the thousand GM card dollars that are allowed on Enclaves, Outlooks, etc.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
For anybody wondering what the redemption amounts are.
]
Redemption Allowance: $1,000
Good to see that they are not excluding the Green Line products. I feared they might exclude or reduce the allowance on those. Still, with 4 grand or so of earnings on my car, 1K makes me sad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not to crap on this little love fest we're having, but this program is a colossal screw.

Signed, the voice of reason.

p.s.- I am not immune to these stupid programs. I do the AMEX rewards thing. So relax.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Good to see that they are not excluding the Green Line products. I feared they might exclude or reduce the allowance on those. Still, with 4 grand or so of earnings on my car, 1K makes me sad.
If you have the right card, won't don't you just redeem your points as cash, go to the Saturn dealer and get $4,000 off a Saturn that way? Again, assuming you have the right GM Card.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
About f'ing time. They must have realized that GM Card HOlders were pissed off that you couldn't buy a Saab or Saturn and use their GM Points....I know I was. Now I'll actually consider a Sky instead of a Solstice...I have $1800+ on my mine but I know it will be limited to $1K.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
"No Haggle" is one of the great marketing illusions of our time.

I've always wondered why GM perpetuated the myth...IMO it deters more buyers than it (supposedly) attracts. Other brands (including Olds) experimented with the concept...and dropped it.
It works...on inexpensive vehicles. When Saturn only sold Corolla-clones, it made sense. Now that they are trying to go upscale, it doesn't. Look what Toyota does-Scion is no-haggle, Toyota isn't, because Scion tops out at 18k or so (barring ridiculous things like 5k wheels).

Plus, the fact that many of Saturn's vehicles are now clones of other GM vehicles sold at other GM brand dealers that do haggle makes it even worse-why pay full price for a Saturn Outlook when you could knock a few grand off the sticker on a GMC Acadia, for example? Back when they just sold Corolla-clones, those products were unique to Saturn, so this type of internal competition was less of a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just checked with the GM Card redemption center. I was told I could use the full amount of my GM Card earnings (+/- $3K) towards the Saturn Astra. So I dont understand what the $1K 'redemption allowance' is about. Can anyone explain? Many thanks!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Motorist,
not all GM cards are the same. Some let you use all your earnings on any vehicle, some let you use only up to a certain amount.
If anyone isn´t sure of what card he or she has, just call the redemption centre, they will tell you how many earnings you can use.

Regards.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
This is something that I have been advocating for years... Now if we can only get those redemption values above $1,000.

I'm still waiting for GM to do an "open season with unlimted redemption $,s" on gas guzlers and discontinued/slow selling models. I have about $7,000 to burn. That coupled with some fat rebates or 0% will definitely bring a herd of us to the dealerships.

·
Registered
286 Posts
^ I agree. But it is a start, I have close to $2000 available on my GM card...when the lease is up on the Tundra I might spend that "rebate" on a Sky and a truck (keep the Toyota) or spend it on a Sierra.

Decisions, Decisions.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts