GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that I don't have to point out to many of you that the GM Canada website is pathetic! Out of date or what! Build and Price is still on 2014 models for the most part! Searching for a 2015 sends you to your local dealers website! These things have been active on GM.com for months!

Please give me a wider search area to look for a truck or car. Like 300 km!!!!!I am buying the truck, not my local dealer. An example of this is my latest truck purchase was by finding the truck I want by searching dealer websites. Found a truck 200 km away from my home. The main GM webpage was worthless in this area! That is unless I find postal codes from all over Alberta to look for trucks under search for vehicle.

Get with it!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I don't know what it is about Canadian and European vehicle websites, but they're all very incomplete and confusing to navigate. Is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I completely agree but I question myself and my judgement.
The mentality of the 1950 car dealer with balloons, sales and diagonaly written prices across ATS doors. This is a complete turn off for me and, in my mind, cheapens the product by selling "the price" and not the product. However thats me and I'm not sure I represent the population. DO the dealers know better ? are their "cheap" tactics the ones that work in terms of selling units...maybe. food for thought.
Nevertheless I would like the Canada site to mirror the US site which is much cleaner and ultimately the site reference for me is the Apple Computer Site design.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am sure that I don't have to point out to many of you that the GM Canada website is pathetic! Out of date or what! Build and Price is still on 2014 models for the most part! Searching for a 2015 sends you to your local dealers website! These things have been active on GM.com for months!

Please give me a wider search area to look for a truck or car. Like 300 km!!!!!I am buying the truck, not my local dealer. An example of this is my latest truck purchase was by finding the truck I want by searching dealer websites. Found a truck 200 km away from my home. The main GM webpage was worthless in this area! That is unless I find postal codes from all over Alberta to look for trucks under search for vehicle.

Get with it!
When I was looking for a new truck I sent email to all GM dealers in Edmonton asking exactly what I wanted and what engine etc,,,and only ONE young salesman dude wrote back giving me the exact price!!!
Guess who got my money?
Let that be a lesson to any salesmen reading,,:yup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done everything to question why it is so out of date! Hell I have even tweeted Mary Barra! A joke of a website! Don't even show the Colorado, yet dealers have them on the lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts