GM Inside News Forum banner

Who should be the leader of GM-Chrysler?

• Wagoner

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Fritz Henderson

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Buickman

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Nardelli

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Lee Iaocca

Votes: 11 25.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
haha did you put Buickman as a joke?
I wonder how would GM-C be if Buickman was CEO

*EDIT* and he has the most votes too lol. 4 with 2 for Lee, and one for Henderson

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
I voted for Iacocca. This way, he can share his zimmer frame with Bob, halving associated costs. This is the kind of thinking GM needs for the future.

Iacocca via Wikipedia said:
Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course." Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!
WIKI

·
Registered
458 Posts
What about Press or Lutz? Personally, I think it would be a [very improbable] mistake to oust Wagoner mid-turmoil since he knows the company best, but I think Press is way more likely as a successor if there was to be one.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
What about Press or Lutz? Personally, I think it would be a [very improbable] mistake to oust Wagoner mid-turmoil since he knows the company best, but I think Press is way more likely as a successor if there was to be one.
I would think they should get someone from outside the box, if you will...someone like Mister Press...or bring back Dr Z!!:lmao:

Maybe Dan Qualye will come public and give an opinion!

http://www.vicepresidentdanquayle.com/biography.html

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
We're looking for someone better than Rick? I have someone in mind, who will work for peanuts.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I voted for Iacocca. This way, he can share his zimmer frame with Bob, halving associated costs. This is the kind of thinking GM needs for the future.

WIKI

I'd love to have Iacocca, he's a hero of mine...but man, he's old now! :eek:

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
I voted for Henderson but Rick could stay as chairman in a role similar to Bill Ford when he left the position of CEO to Alan Mullaly

Too bad then the fountain of Youth don't exist, we could send Lee Iacocca and Bob Lutz there to serve GM a couple of additionnal years.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I voted for Iacocca. Me personally I would like to see someone like Mullaly or Ghosn run GM.

As of now, Buickman has 10, Wagoner has 7 (lol WTF?), Iacocca has 5, Henderson has 3 and Nardelli has 0 (no brainer there)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
How about Mitt Romney, a lot of people here seem to like him, and he's from Michigan.
I think there should have been either a 'write-in' option, or a 'none of the above' option. I would have given a vote for Mr. Iacocca, but I think he may be too old. I'd like to see Mitt Romney as well, since he seems to have gotten his business as well as his political sense from his father.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
It will be Wagoner... I think that's why people are voting. They're not saying it SHOULD be him, they're saying that it WILL be him.

I don't know who it should be, but it shouldn't be Wagoner. They should get that blonde (Paige something, I think) from 'While You Were Out' to come in and straighten things out.

Or, as Stanley put it so well in the office... "an upturned broom with a bucket for a head"!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I chose Iacocca, he's a smart guy. Buickman is still in the lead though

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.