GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I had a `91 Regal Grand Sport Coupe. It was a really nice driving car for long distance. I did have repeated problems with the power window on one side, and the in-dash CD player and other I.P. bits had some electrical gremlins. But I traded it in just under 100K miles with absolutely no engine or trans problems. I liked how the coupe styling was very unique and combined sportiness with elegance. Farewell, Regal.
--
Sohl

· Registered
2 Posts
Sheithappens: Yes, now that you mention it, I did suffer the brake calliper problem on my `91 GS coupe. I got better-than original spec. replacement parts and after that, I only had to replace the pads once at a reasonable interval, if I remember correctly.

That car was replaced by a `97 Grand Prix GT sedan. A good car overall, but I had a bunch of power steering system problems and blew my alternator at something like 40 to 50 K miles. At least one of the two front brake rotors developed bulges from corrosion and so they got swapped out around the same time. None of the faults was completely damning, but frustrating.

The new LaCrosse looks OK, but I don't think it is as stylish as the old Regal coupes.

I'm now more interested in smaller cars, due to loss of garage floorspace. I'm looking forward to checking out the Cobolt, improved (enough?) ION, and maybe G6 (small enough?) or Saturn L300-replacement in a while. I don't think Buick will be on my radar again for some time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.