GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://blog.gmnext.com/?p=227

On Friday, August 8, 2008, the Summer Olympic Games began in Beijing, China. It is truly a global event with more than 10,000 of the world’s best athletes from more than 200 countries coming together to compete in 302 different sporting events.

GM is an official sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and is celebrating the Olympics with some all-new TV ads.

Last night, during the opening ceremonies on NBC (and over the next two weeks ), viewers in the United States will see a new corporate advertisement from GM that communicates its advancements in transportation for a global marketplace. The ad showcases all of the GM brands and many of GM’s alternative fuel solutions, including hybrids, hydrogen fuel cells and the much-anticipated Chevy Volt, the extended-range electric vehicle designed to move over 75% of America’s daily commuters without a single drop of gas. The idea behind the new commercial is to inform viewers of GM’s current and future line-up of great cars, crossovers and trucks — in other words — what’s now and what’s next, from GM.

You’ll also see all-new ads from GM’s Chevrolet division during the Games. To check out the new GM corporate ad, which we’re calling “Beautiful Blue,” just click on the video below. And in case you are wondering, the song used in the ad is called “The Story” by Brandi Carlile.

Best of luck to all Olympians from the men and women of GM worldwide.

·
Premium Member
35,908 Posts
http://blog.gmnext.com/?p=227

On Friday, August 8, 2008, the Summer Olympic Games began in Beijing, China. It is truly a global event with more than 10,000 of the world’s best athletes from more than 200 countries coming together to compete in 302 different sporting events.

GM is an official sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and is celebrating the Olympics with some all-new TV ads.

Last night, during the opening ceremonies on NBC (and over the next two weeks ), viewers in the United States will see a new corporate advertisement from GM that communicates its advancements in transportation for a global marketplace. The ad showcases all of the GM brands and many of GM’s alternative fuel solutions, including hybrids, hydrogen fuel cells and the much-anticipated Chevy Volt, the extended-range electric vehicle designed to move over 75% of America’s daily commuters without a single drop of gas. The idea behind the new commercial is to inform viewers of GM’s current and future line-up of great cars, crossovers and trucks — in other words — what’s now and what’s next, from GM.

You’ll also see all-new ads from GM’s Chevrolet division during the Games. To check out the new GM corporate ad, which we’re calling “Beautiful Blue,” just click on the video below. And in case you are wondering, the song used in the ad is called “The Story” by Brandi Carlile.

Best of luck to all Olympians from the men and women of GM worldwide.
WTF??? Are you a GM PR flack of some sort? :confused:

Anyway, I sore the ad. Different, interesting, and good.

Which is a huge improvement for GM, whose ads have so far looked like Miss Prizinski's 6th grade video class put most of them together.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF??? Are you a GM PR flack of some sort? :confused:

Anyway, I sore the ad. Different, interesting, and good.

Which is a huge improvement for GM, whose ads have so far looked like Miss Prizinski's 6th grade video class put most of them together.
ME? hecks no

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks, I have been looking for that.

- Is that the 2010 Buick LaCrosse at about :40sec?
- What car is that at :49sec (glass windshield molded to glass roof)?
- And what Sasturn is at :50-:52sec? Opel Flextreme???...

There was another GM commercial that I can't remember what it was about. Did anyone else see it?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Nice ad. The sad thing is it really isn't that great, but it's still much better than most of the other crap they put out.

I don't understand why they have such a hard time making great ads. That's why they hire agencies. To come up with good ideas for them.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
That was a nice touchy-feely ad.

It might be my second favorite ad from GM...they should play the hell out of it. My favorite is the "then and now"

Here are my favorites:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like this Ad.. I miss the Robot suicide ad (not pc :( ) from years back superbowl? and The Corvette Hitting the Cobalt and the kids daydreaming corvette one .. I wish GM wouldn't buy sponsorship on the olympics. me personally I'm not watching it nor do I care for it like in years past.but thats a whole new different subject for another time. I hope USA beats china bad. USA#1 .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts