·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Announces Production Plans for 2005 Corvette Coupe
NewsStand - Sunday, March 07, 2004

Chicago Tribune
Jim Mateja

Mar. 7--Chevrolet will start producing the '05 Corvette coupe at its Bowling Green, Ky., plant in late July and, if all goes well, add the convertible to the mix a few weeks after that.

"We haven't picked a date yet to produce the convertible," said Rick Bal****, marketing director Corvette/SSR for Chevrolet. "Our mission is to get the coupe dead solid perfect before we add the convertible." He said it's likely the coupe will be on sale in the third quarter, the convertible in the fourth. With the late convertible introduction, it's also likely that warm-weather states initially will see more of them than those in the Snow Belt.

"Initial distribution is based on dealer sales volume and some of our largest dealers are in California, Georgia and Texas," he said. The convertible, which typically accounts for 50 percent of Corvette sales, will offer a choice of manual or power soft top, the first power soft top since the 1962 model year. "The power top is an option because a portion of our owner base has been asking for it so they can put the top down or up while at the stoplight. My guess is that it will account for 25 to 35 percent of convertible sales," Bal**** said. He added sales are expected to reach about 35,000 units, with about 32,000 of those in the U.S. But almost no Corvette owners have asked for a power retractable metal hardtop such as that on the Cadillac XLR, which is built alongside Corvette in Bowling Green. The cars share a platform.

Full Story Here

·
Registered
481 Posts
So "Car&Driver" will get to piss on the C6 (known at C&D as the C5 & 11/16) even more sometime this fall. Understood.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by GN6@Mar 8 2004, 11:37 PM
So "Car&Driver" will get to piss on the C6 (known at C&D as the C5 & 11/16) even more sometime this fall. Understood.
they can suck on a fat babies a**

·
Registered
750 Posts
I kinda agree with them, while a great car, I don't think they should have used such similiar proportiones and body lines that the C5 had.

Either way the less C5's on the road the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts