GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • GM and LG Chem will invest $2.3 billion in a second U.S. battery cell plant for electric vehicles in Tennessee, the companies announced.
  • The plant will support production of GM’s upcoming Cadillac Lyriq crossover and other future EVs at a nearby assembly plant.
  • The supply and production of battery cells are crucial for automakers pivoting to electric vehicles

·
Registered
18,087 Posts
Some analysts, specifically Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas, have warned of a potential shortage due to cell capacity compared with the amount of new EVs expected to come to market in coming years.

“In our opinion, GM’s formation of Ultium/Ultium Cells LLC will prove to be a critical point of strategic differentiation that will ultimately drive value creation for shareholders,” he said Wednesday in a note to investors.

Good for GM to secure its future by having its own dedicate plants to make batteries.

·
Premium Member
35,874 Posts
Some analysts, specifically Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas, have warned of a potential shortage due to cell capacity compared with the amount of new EVs expected to come to market in coming years.

“In our opinion, GM’s formation of Ultium/Ultium Cells LLC will prove to be a critical point of strategic differentiation that will ultimately drive value creation for shareholders,” he said Wednesday in a note to investors.

Good for GM to secure its future by having its own dedicate plants to make batteries.
Why can't they just go to Costco and buy some Duracells?

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Premium Member
35,874 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is a link to the GM media release.

There are a couple of videos at this link, one about 32 minutes in length. At about 2:45 into this video, Mary discusses the new plant, the Cadillac Lyriq, and announces that it will be shown in its production form next week.

Haven't had a chance to see any more of this video.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,725 Posts
Amen. What a bunch of dummies! I'll call Mary in the morning!
How did it go Neanderthal? Is Mary Barra amenable to making deals with Warren Buffett, whose holding company owns Duracell?

·
Premium Member
35,874 Posts
Why can't people take these articles and subjects seriously? These post don't add anything to this thread.
Look, Nobody cares about your benighted humorless opinions. It's a shame you don't have any shred of a sense of humor, but that's who you are.

Ha. LMAO. So do you or you wouldn't be at it. Grow up. THAT'S ALL, THE END.
Advice that will go unheeded. As Forrest Gump might say, clueless is as clueless does.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Look, Nobody cares about your benighted humorless opinions. It's a shame you don't have any shred of a sense of humor, but that's who you are.

Advice that will go unheeded. As Forrest Gump might say, clueless is as clueless does.
I have a sense of humor beyond anything that you can comprehend. I just know when and where to use it. What pathetic is that you feel this is the place to broadcast it to others.

·
Premium Member
35,874 Posts
How did it go Neanderthal? Is Mary Barra amenable to making deals with Warren Buffett, whose holding company owns Duracell?
Mary kept saying, "GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. Yes, master. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company."

I couldn't get a word in edgewise, I felt myself falling into a trance so I hung up and went outside to breath some nice fresh carbon dioxide. Ahh, I feel better already.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mary kept saying, "GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. Yes, master. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company. GM is a technology company."

I couldn't get a word in edgewise, I felt myself falling into a trance so I hung up and went outside to breath some nice fresh carbon dioxide. Ahh, I feel better already.
Ain't no comedy like boomer comedy

Reactions: sdotjeezy
1 - 20 of 20 Posts