GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2008 Trailblazer SS 3SS with everything.

It seems that GM has failed to provide a glove box light. No huge deal, but I would like to add one. I started looking at every Trailblazer forum I have joined or have found.

I cannot find a GM part or even an aftermarket part.

I thought with the wide scope of this forum someone might be able to help me locate something.

I would also like an under hood light which also seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.

Thanks,

tjl

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
im not sure if many cars come with glove box lights anymore. i no my friends 98 cavalier has one and my old 2000 blazer had one. but all the new gm cars that i no people that have dont have one.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,292 Posts
Chrysler's still have them. I have to disconnect them when we take out (and leave out) glove boxes on test mules (to keep the battery from being drained).

I should check if my Corvette has one...
The 300C had a very nicely finished glove-compartment. It was a nice surprise to have lining in there. Cadillac has the same cheap plastic that Chevy has. Makes no kinds of sense.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It unfortunate how less and less cars are having glove box lights.

Side note:
The Astra has one fore the huge glove box :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
Our 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer (top model with all options) doesn't have a glove box light either. Our IS350 and Taurus both have lights in their glove boxes.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
This happened with the Grand Am, as well. I believe that the last generation Grand Am, for the first few years, had glove box lights, as well as a lockable one, but after a certain year, they pulled those options.

They also debadged them and replaced the cladding on the doors with the Alero's doors.

Cost-cutting sucks.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I posted over on a trailblazer forum... this was a reply.....

My LS has glovebox, underhood and courtesy lights, and it's a mid-year 11-2001 production. I think pretty much all 2002s came with those lights.

so they were available briefly....

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
I loved the older Suburban's that had the engine compartment light that had a cord with a magnet on it. If you ever got a flat, all you had to do was take the light and bring it to which ever one you were working on!

I have to admit, Dodge/Chrysler is doing a splendid job with their lighting. Even on our Caliber, the cupholders are lit. It has a cool rear dome light that can be removed and double as a flashlight. Pretty inovative and cool!!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I posted over on a trailblazer forum... this was a reply.....

My LS has glovebox, underhood and courtesy lights, and it's a mid-year 11-2001 production. I think pretty much all 2002s came with those lights.
I made the mistake of remarking about no glovebox light on a Malibu thread.. . this was a typical reply...
Have you driven a Malibu?
Have you ridden in a Malibu?
Is pulling items out of your glove box your primary activity while driving a car?
I'm trying to get a feel how much of a deal-breaker this is for you.
Not that there are map lights two and half feet away, the glovebox is at least 8 inches deep after all.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/1390421-post18.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts