GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post of yours in the J-Bird thread:
"Thunderbirds Are Go!" was an old TV series done in puppets, and for some reason, it has some kind of cult following. Like all things involving cults, I tried to participate, but the show was just really really boring. Johnathon Frakes is doing a movie remake, and the J-bird was designed to have part in the movie. I'm not saying it's lovely or anything, but the J-bird looks EXACTLY like something from the show, and I think it's highly appropriate in that context.

BTW, even before the J-bird came out, I've requested a 6-wheel version of the Cadillac Sixteen. Those who have never seen the old Panther Six should hit Google and try to find a picture. It was a very classy six-wheeler, with something in the 600hp range.

Welp, I guess it's back to worshipping light bulbs...

Ghrankenstein
and I just wanted to say that you are the funniest person on this message board! I always look forward to your posts. You're the greatest!

3 cheers for Ghranky! :beer:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Ghrank is da man.

Like the new Avatar Ziggy, is that from that new movie about the Trojan War?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Jan 7 2004, 11:36 PM
Like the new Avatar Ziggy, is that from that new movie about the Trojan War?
Actually it's from the movie Gladiator. The shot is from the first battle scene, right around when he gives the line, "On my signal, unleash hell."

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I'm flattered, and touched, thank you all for the kind words. This cracker feels just a bit wiser thanks to you guys.

You're the greatest!
I'll take a solid "pretty good," but let's give credit to Casket Demon and Coolcaddy for their comedy as well. And was it TaHoe that coined the brilliant phrase, "negative nancy?"

Humor, actually, is something of a fascination, intellectual pursuit, and hobby of mine. Quips are one of my specialties, but my real "style" is almost more of a performance art. Founded in both slapstick and chaos theory, bolstered by my willingness to embarass myself in public, a lot of the "stuff" I do is meant to startle, intrigue, and beguile as much as amuse. I like leaping from the surreal to the real along a constant subject in a manner that seems unpredictable, but having a definite end. Basically, I get a big kick out of acting stupid, weirding people out, and making people say, "HUH?!?!?!?!?!?" as much as laughing.

Similar "art-comedy" concepts have been done before. The bizarre "characters" on Conan O'Brien (Skull Juice Vendor, Masturbating Bear) and on old Letterman (Peggy the Foul-Mouthed Chambermaid) are closer to portraits than actual characters, and they're close to what I try to do, but generally "Ghrankenstein" is the only character I "do." The most brilliant "art-comedy" that I've found is "Moron Movies" and "More Moron Movies," by a Brooklyn house painter named Len Cella. You can find them at just about any Blockbuster Video, and I highly recommend them.

Some stuff doesn't always work, like the 2005 Fat Guy, and I thought Tuning the Saturn's Electric Power Steering thing I wrote was hilarious, but I guess there are fewer trombone players around here than I thought.

Yes, sometimes it does take more than shiny things to amuse Ghrankenstein.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 8 2004, 04:43 PM
I, Rex Raider came up with "negative nancy".
But I actually got it from South Park.
:lol: good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts