9,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I wanted to post this news but seems I'm beaten to the finish line :eek: there another article from Automotive news Europe
http://www.autonews.com/article/20080428/COPY/362616440/1131/ANE

and Pete DeLorenzo of Autoextremist www.autoextremist.com had posted a short note at "On the table" section

More then meet the eyes I presume?
Once I heard that Nissan & Chrysler had made a "vehicle exchange" deal,
I almost immediately thought that Chrysler may be bought by Renault-Nissan. I can actually see this happening in the future. Apparently the AutoExtremist thinks this too. :( I hope this possibility never happens!

On a side note, is it just me or does Carlos Ghosn look like a newt(face-wise)?? :D

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
you're not alone on various blogs and forums, peoples compared Ghosn with......Mr.Bean :D
Hmm....That's an insult to Mr.Bean! Mr.Bean is alot cooler & funnier than Ghosn!:yup: :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
This was from a titan forum,....The new Ram, which should come out this fall or maybe sooner, will be at least as good, and probably better than the current Titan. That is just the way it has to be with new products. That being the case, a new Titan based on this new Ram should be even better than the Ram, hopefully and definitely better than the current Titan. Will I Buy one? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see, when it comes out......god what kind of crack are they smoking??.poor fools dont even have a clue what kind of grade A crap they are driving i would walk before i would drive a ****ing nissan, dont even get me started on the ****ing titan gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I love Chrysler deep in my heart, so I'd much rather have them being run by ANYBODY else than the present management/owner. R/N would be a very good choice out of the possible ones (lets not kid ourselves, it is probably the only choice rather than some obscure Chinese company, outright bankruptcy or spinning-off assets in a fire sale, which might come true all three, see the demise of MG Rover).

That said, Nissan probably already outsells the Chrysler Group when it comes to North American retail market, so they essentially have an American maker at hand, and one much better poised for the future market than Auburn Hills...

·
Registered
78 Posts

Sources Reveal New Details About The Next Nissan Titan By: Mike Levine
Posted: 05-02-08 08:03 PT
© 2008 PickupTruck.com

Page: [1]
Last month Chrysler LLC and Nissan Motor Company jointly announced Chrysler would build the next iteration of Nissan's Titan half-ton pickup at Chrysler’s plant in Saltillo, Mexico, based on the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. Nissan reps said the new Titan would retain certain styling and performance elements to differentiate it from the Ram but no specifics were provided. Now, sources have told PickupTruck.com some of those details, plus information about a heavy duty version of the Titan.
Externally, the Titan half-ton will share its doors and roof panel with the all-new Ram, while the rest of the Titan's sheetmetal will be unique and designed by Nissan.
Like the current Titan, the future truck will offer only two cab configurations, extended cab and crew cab, even though the 2009 Ram will have a regular cab option. The Titan will also receive Dodge's new 'RamBox' storage feature, which adds dry lockable space to the sides of the cargo box, and it will share the Ram’s innovative new coil sprung rear suspension.
The current Nissan Titan is only available with a 5.6-liter V8 but the next Titan will offer a wide range of Chrysler-sourced engine choices, including a 3.7-L V6, a 4.7-L V8 and *likely* the 5.7-L 'HEMI' V8, instead of Nissan's next-generation 5.6-L 'Endurance' V8. The HEMI's simpler overhead valve (aka pushrod) construction and lower cost materials are expected to save several hundred dollars versus the dual overhead cam 5.6-L V8. Cutting costs is critical in the increasingly price sensitive full size truck market. Using the HEMI would also set the Titan up to share the Ram's two-mode hybrid powertrain – fuel economy being another highly important purchase consideration.
Nissan is expected to continue to offer the Endurance V8 in its other vehicles, like the Nissan Armada and Infiniti QX56 full size SUVs, but split into two power classes, depending on brand. Those with Nissan badges will receive a 400-hp version while Infiniti will receive a high output 450-hp to 455-hp version.
The Ram and Titan will also share the upcoming, Cummins-built V8 light duty diesel engine, expected for the Ram in 2010.
Nissan also announced plans in April to build three all-new light commercial vehicles at its Canton, Mississippi factory, where the Titan is built today. According to our sources, one of those vehicles will be a heavy duty pickup that will be totally unique to Nissan – no parts will be shared with the Dodge Ram.
The HD Titan will come in three-quarter-ton and one-ton models. Single and dual rear wheel versions are also expected. A concept HD Titan is expected to appear in January 2009 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Page: [1]

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
I love Chrysler deep in my heart, so I'd much rather have them being run by ANYBODY else than the present management/owner. R/N would be a very good choice out of the possible ones (lets not kid ourselves, it is probably the only choice rather than some obscure Chinese company, outright bankruptcy or spinning-off assets in a fire sale, which might come true all three, see the demise of MG Rover).
+1 they seems a more viable alternative then some obscure Chinese company.

and imagine, the next-gen GT-R and next-gen Challenger built on the same platform, it'll be a real dynamite ;)

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
I spotted this one from Businessweek
http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat/archives/2008/05/nissan_and_chry.html

Nissan and Chrysler. Can't We Get These Two Kids Together?
Posted by: David Kiley on May 01

Sitting with Carlos Ghosn, CEO of both Renault and Nissan, this week at our offices, I became pretty sure I was looking at the future CEO of Chrysler.

He told us that the deals to supply Chrysler with a Versa and to have Chrysler build Nissan’s Titans are deals that stand alone. And they are.

Ghosn also said that this is a time where the markets wouldn’t like to try and absorb a big deal like Renault-Nissan taking on Chrysler. I don’t know about that. Deals are still cooking in other industries. Ghosn still wants a North American alliance partner. I don’t ever see it being Ford. And GM was a non-starter. Unless he is eyeballing Tesla or Shelby, Chrysler is it.

What seems pretty clear is that Chrysler LLC owner Cerberus Capital would love love love to off-load the automaker for more than it has put in, even if it’s $5.00. Center for Automotive Research chsirman David Cole told me this week that, “Cerberus doesn’t have a lot of time with this thing.”

Carlos knows that he is really the only game in town for Chrysler. Ghosn, in my estimation, is smart. He sees Chrysler’s price going down from here, not up. And he can afford to wait Cerberus out for a while.

Meantime, DaimlerChrysler Daimler AG has reduced the value of its minority stake in Chrysler LLC by almost two-thirds after the U.S. automaker made a 340 million euro ($529.1 million) punch to Daimler’s pretax profits in the first quarter.

Daimler retained a 19.9 percent stake in Chrysler when it sold the majority control in August 2007 to Cerberus. Daimler now values its stake in Chrysler at 547 million euros ($851.2 million). At the time of the sale, Daimler valued the stake at 1.4 billion euros ($2.18 billion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts