GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
Change the emblem on the grill and it looks like a new audi. The tail lights aren't particularly pleasant looking...a mishmash of horizontal and circles. Add a coffee can muffler and you have a car worth about $14.95.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man why dont they try to atleast hide the fact that VW and Audi are the same company.

·
Registered
43,877 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Mar 5 2004, 03:39 AM
Man why dont they try to atleast hide the fact that VW and Audi are the same company.
It's called VW screwing up over the past few years that they don't have enough money, so they rebadge. <_<

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro+Mar 5 2004, 09:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mgescuro @ Mar 5 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LGRpup@Mar 5 2004, 03:39 AM
It's called VW screwing up over the past few years that they don't have enough money, so they rebadge. <_< [/b][/quote]
Seems someone still does not understand the term "rebadging." What's been rebadged here? They tooled it as a prototype especially for VW, but it happens to look too much like an Audi in the grille. That's not a sign of cost-cutting, and it's not rebadging.

·
Registered
316 Posts
could this be hinting at a new jetta? i guess i'm not even sure when a new one is due, but it seems about the right size...perhaps some of this styling will be seen on it. anyway...for the car itself, i think it looks very nice, but the verticle bars in the grille make it look almost chrysler like and the grille as whole does indeed look like an audi. they should remedy that.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
now that is NICE. the reason the cars look similar (VW and Audi) is because they share design studios, philosophies, etc. that is TOTALLY VW and it's completely AWESOME.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Clearly both VW and Audi need different design heads. How does it make sense that as soon as they give Audi a distinctive grill they apply it to the new VWs too?!?!

Also this looks a lot like a Sebring to my eye...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
WOW!! Now that's a premium convertible! Give it BETTER reliability and a nice interior and VW might have a winner! This "concept" looks so ready, that I'm guessing VW is serious about bringing in a midsize convertible to the market.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its a great lookin car although it does have a audi grill so all i they need to do is change the grill keep the lights the same and put some nice interior touch to the car and they got themselves a winner!!!!!! but it has the looks of a sebring in front and part of it in the back but its much nicer than a sebring in my eyes

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am STUNNED that people don't seem to notice the similarities of this concept with the Crysler Sebring convertibles and the new Crossfire convertible.

Whenever I see this new VW concept I call it the VW Crossfire!! :lol:

Hey maybe that's where they got the "C" for "concept C" :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey, this is damn gorgeous...for a VW. Compared to the blocky Jetta and dorky Golf this car ain't too bad. As for the VW-Audi thing, I still can't figure why VW is building a $90,000 luxury sedan or a $60,000 (or whatever it costs) SUV. Isn't this supposed to be Audi territory? Is there even a point to Audi anymore?

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Um, this car would never be confused for a Sebring on the road, unless, of course, your vision hovered in the 20/400 range.

I understand that this concept hints at the next Bora/Jetta, which would indicate that it would be a winner, Audi-esque grill or not. Styling is completely subjective, and to me this car has a decidely upscale flare to it; VW has done a nice job with its styling. Perhaps VW hasn't completely neglected the lower end of the market.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
To bad the shape of our license plates will ruin the front end on that thing. I think I would just not run a front plate and risk the ticket.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Well, not every state requires to have front license plates..so I guess we here in TX are lucky! LOL But yea I see where you're coming from. Almost every car looks bad with a front license plate... <_<

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Mar 5 2004, 07:26 PM
now that is NICE. the reason the cars look similar (VW and Audi) is because they share design studios, philosophies, etc. that is TOTALLY VW and it's completely AWESOME...

ditto

1 - 20 of 20 Posts