GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw the new version of the Legacy wagon at the Toronto show, very nice. Hope it will get the same performance goodies.
Going by current pricing, wont be too expensive either.

·
Registered
685 Posts
No, a 3000lb 300HP AWD sedan isn't interesting at all. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to test drive this car.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's not a stunner but for Subaru this is a big step forward styling wise. The interior especially is just light years ahead of what they've done in the past.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Now this is what GM should've done! Take the upcoming Legacy and rebadge it...sell it here as the new Malibu and G6! Now that would've been GREAT badge-engineering!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Mar 5 2004, 11:05 PM
Now this is what GM should've done! Take the upcoming Legacy and rebadge it...sell it here as the new Malibu and G6! Now that would've been GREAT badge-engineering!
True, but they would be more expensive which means GM would have to start selling cars on their merrits (rather than price/incentives), which would be a bold move for them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
it would be a perfect redesign for the malibu because it would give chevy a good sporty sedan with a touch of class and yet still be a desirable car and inexpensive sedan but for subaru to come out with it is a huge upgrade to their lineup and perfect to go up against the new mitsu galant and the rest of the imports but its a good step forward for subaru

·
Registered
873 Posts
Originally posted by carguy2225@Mar 5 2004, 07:31 PM
it would be a perfect redesign for the malibu because it would give chevy a good sporty sedan with a touch of class and yet still be a desirable car and inexpensive sedan but for subaru to come out with it is a huge upgrade to their lineup and perfect to go up against the new mitsu galant and the rest of the imports but its a good step forward for subaru
I second this. The Malibu is a dreadfully ugly car.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Mar 10 2004, 04:46 PM
i agree with the rest... looks good... a little dull, but that's expected. hate the tailights though... they look cheap. and the rear looks too much like the epica.
I agree, the taillights do look cheap. But when I was at the Dallas Auto Show this weekend I thoroughly looked at the new Legacy and I can confidently say that the plastic on the taillights feels very thick. The ENTIRE car seemed to be very well-built, with little gaps in every area. As they say - LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts