GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
What's up with the guages? They look confusing & stupid. If I was driving in the 'wind' in the Mini Cooper, and want to find out if I need gas, I have to look at that confusing thing, and say...What the? The Mini Cooper is a nice car, but only if they could put the guages in the right place..or do something to make it look unique yet make it still look like guages.... :blink:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
What's up with the guages? They look confusing & stupid. If I was driving in the 'wind' in the Mini Cooper, and want to find out if I need gas, I have to look at that confusing thing, and say...What the? The Mini Cooper is a nice car, but only if they could put the guages in the right place..or do something to make it look unique yet make it still look like guages.... 
the fuel guage appears to be at the top right of that center cluster there. it's tough to say for sure, since i can't see the image too well. it would be easy once you got used to it, certainly no worse than the cetrally mounted cluster of the ION. that's just an interior design cue from the original. BMW has a good thing going with the mini, and it's a really cool little car that drives like it's on rails. (BMW making it probably has more than a little to do with that) GM could learn from this, and build a small car like it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Mar 1 2004, 04:44 PM
What's up with the guages? They look confusing & stupid. If I was driving in the 'wind' in the Mini Cooper, and want to find out if I need gas, I have to look at that confusing thing, and say...What the? The Mini Cooper is a nice car, but only if they could put the guages in the right place..or do something to make it look unique yet make it still look like guages.... 
the fuel guage appears to be at the top right of that center cluster there. it's tough to say for sure, since i can't see the image too well. it would be easy once you got used to it, certainly no worse than the cetrally mounted cluster of the ION. that's just an interior design cue from the original. BMW has a good thing going with the mini, and it's a really cool little car that drives like it's on rails. (BMW making it probably has more than a little to do with that) GM could learn from this, and build a small car like it.
cough...Nomad...cough... ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
MMMMMM! Nomad... Nomad vert... Please GM we need the Nomad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
MINIs are fun cars to drive. This is a really cool idea and should sell very well. Only drawback I can think of would be that now there's no storage room at all with the top down and 4 people in it. At least in the MINI right now there is enough for some groceries and a duffle bag or something. Still, a nice looking car and look forward to seeing them on the roads.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
look at the hinges for the trunk... looks like it swings down like a tailgate. interesting! perhaps there's a little storage space behind the seats and under the folded top. the rear seats and roll bars stick up too much (though i understand they amke teh car safer). i'd take this over a PT drop-top in a heartbeat (though i'd take a kick in the junk over a PT too :p)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts