GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Oooh, looks pretty slick! I really love that side-view picture...wow! The end sweeps back like the M45 to me. But calling this a "4-door coupe" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The only real 4-door coupe is the RX8.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Feb 29 2004, 04:57 PM
Oooh, looks pretty slick! I really love that side-view picture...wow! The end sweeps back like the M45 to me. But calling this a "4-door coupe" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The only real 4-door coupe is the RX8.
I think it should actually be called a 4-door Sedan Coupe because its similar to the cars back in the 40's

·
Registered
316 Posts
this car is absolutely beautiful. in that top picture, from the rear wheels back it almost looks like a porsche.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Mar 1 2004, 12:23 AM
Huh? What I see is a bloated E-Series.... ;)
Well, the E-Class was voted one of the world's most beautiful cars...because it truly is beautiful, like the new CLS *at least in my opinion*.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I think it looks squashed. The regular E-class is much better proportioned.

But I need to see one on the street to see if this sedan/coupe concept makes sense. Will it come across as a coupe, but minus the grace? Or as a sedan, but prettier and less practical?

We shall see.

Looking at it further: I think they badly compromised their whole concept when they (1) put a center roof pillar in, and (2) gave it visible rear door handles (hiding the rear door handle is a visual trick that, believe it or not, really really works - at least as done by Alfa).

·
Registered
103 Posts
That car does absolutly nothing for me it looks like somone melted different parts of a current mercedes!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The middle almost looks like a stretched-out swept-back jellybean style Taurus and the nose from the side view looks like a Jag. . . ick. :flush:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
oh my god, that is AWESOME!!!! they really outdid themselves this time. WOW.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Is it me, or does this scream 4dr BMW's new 6?
Looks like Bengal was helping out the cross town rivals in design. I dont like it, not one bit. The rear looks like crap, and what is teh deal with the headlights? Butt ugly, sorry.

·
Registered
316 Posts
just a note....i believe that this car actually is intended to compete directly with the 6 series, not that that means it needs to look like it...but, personally i think this looks much sleeker than the 6 series.

·
Registered
481 Posts
A 4 door coupe? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Fine, in that case, let's just call it a 4 dr coupe truck aquarium toaster hatchback with the optional key-chain ketchup dispenser fog lights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts