GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
I wonder if this one has the gear shift in the instrument panel. With Honda you never know. They might have just decided that guys who buy this would rather play with the gearshifter if it was between their legs!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think that's the one with the stick in the dash, like on some minivans...
sems that not even the diehard ricers don't dig this mini-minivan, they preffer better the old hatchback!

I'd like to see a acura rebadge after that: please honda, build it :blink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow.

That is quite possibly one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen, and definitely the most unimpressive (mechanically)

Soon the ricers are gonna be splooging over this "Japanese Supercar"

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I'm missing something: why does everyone make fun of the Ricers...aka Japanese racers??

·
Registered
669 Posts
Because their cars are:

a) Slow
B) Ugly
c) Wrong Wheel Drive
d) have a ****ty exhaust note
e) driven by ****** morons.

And drifting is not a motorsport. it's an attempted excuse at having a ****ty car.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]@Mar 5 2004, 11:27 PM
Because their cars are:

a) Slow
B) Ugly
c) Wrong Wheel Drive

And drifting is not a motorsport. it's an attempted excuse at having a ****ty car.
I'm sorry...but teenagers don't have as much money to buy a "good" car......you do know the Cobalt competes with them, so what do you think about that? Is it ****ty too???

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Yes but just because the Cobalt competes with them doesn't mean that it is riced out. Have you seen the Cobalt SS? Compare:
Cobalt SS:

to Civic "Type R":

The ricer look is what sets Type R from SS. Besdies that the people that drive these dustbusting-rice-rockets are idiots who think they can out run anything. They are idiots and arrogant idiots at that...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811+Mar 6 2004, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RCtennis3811 @ Mar 6 2004, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-[Corporal Dan
,Mar 5 2004, 11:27 PM] Because their cars are:

a) Slow
B) Ugly
c) Wrong Wheel Drive

I'm sorry...but teenagers don't have as much money to buy a "good" car......you do know the Cobalt competes with them, so what do you think about that? Is it ****ty too??? [/b][/quote]
I think the cobalt SS is ugly, (like the new cavalier frontend better), but I have nothing against econoboxes

But ricers just watch too much 2gay2curious and think that having a ****ty car with ****ty stickers and ****ty aluminum park benches makes them mad tyte, y0.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
This car was one of the biggest mistakes Honda ever made. It is ugly, ugly, ugly. The interior is putrid. Honda is usually a smart company but they dropped the ball big time with this version of the SI and it's the Civic halo vehicle. Life is a Bitch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I, for one, like the Civic Type R. Of course, I also drive a 2002 Si. :argue:

Sure, the styling of the Civic hatchback is controversial (though I happen to like it), but you should drive a car before you judge it so harshly. The Si is mild in comparison to the Type R, but it's still good for mid 7s to 60 and mid 15s in the quarter. The top speed is in the low 130s. The Type R has 200hp, cutting 1.5 seconds from the 0-60 time and adding 15 mph to the top end. Not bad for a 2-liter econobox, in either case.

The interior is far from "putrid," and the gearshift is in the same spot as it in a rally car. The position feels perfectly natural within 15 seconds. In addition, that gearshift operates with a precision that is entirely lost on the people who design (or more accurately, the beancounters who budget development of) American cars.

I don't bow at the altar of Honda, and I agree that some put Honda too high up on a pedestal. However, it also seems that some people have an irrational hatred for what are actually pretty damn nice cars, despite the crazy things some kids do to them.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Watch out C6!, looks like ur about 2 get owned :mf_boff: . I see that Vette eating grin the Type R has.....scary :eek:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
What I'm surprised about is the fact that Honda didn't originally use this generation's Civic coupe for the Civic Type Si or Type R. I'm not that fond of sporty hatchbacks....

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I stand by my statement. That car is UGLY. The last Civic SI based on the 2 dr coupe was a sharp car, Honda should have used the coupe again. That new SI looks like a mini mini van some soccer mom drives.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have only seen one Si with this body on the road and I live in a huge city. Honda should have owned this segment but its slipping and surviving on past success.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts