GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It makes me wonder why I would buy an SLK when there's this for a lower price....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
True, very true. But some people say there's no such thing as prestige....they must be smoking pot. :lol:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
with the exception of the civic-like wing, it's okay.
also, I wouldn't ever consider this thing intstead of the beautiful slk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hehe if you guys watch Top Gear at all then you know what Jeremy Clarkson said about this car. At the back end it looks like a dog doing a poopie! You know when they arch their backs? lol I totally agree!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 29 2004, 10:23 PM
At the lower price, you don't get the 3 pointed star. Prestige has a price.
;)
Crossfire looks much better than SLK - thats why I think Crossfire is more prestigous

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
There is something just so awkward about the overall design/proportions of this car. I want to like it, but I can't. Maybe it needs to grow on me...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Originally posted by Roadster44@Mar 1 2004, 03:11 AM
Hehe if you guys watch Top Gear at all then you know what Jeremy Clarkson said about this car. At the back end it looks like a dog doing a poopie! You know when they arch their backs? lol I totally agree!
:D
no one could said it better!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89+Mar 1 2004, 06:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnd89 @ Mar 1 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Roadster44@Mar 1 2004, 03:11 AM
:D
no one could said it better! [/b][/quote]
:lol:
I've heard recently one comment of Germans,they compared the Crossfire's back to Jennifer Lopez's ***...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahhh.... i hope there is more to this then wheels and a wing.

I for one like the crossfire, but everyone that reviews it says it weak and cant handle for crap. And I also saw the Clarkson review. He hated the car. I think the car looks sweet, but the rear kinda messes up the flow. Does this come with a supercharged 6 like the SLK AMG? Nothing with an SRT badge should be just wheels and wing.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From Autoweek:

Chrysler fires the next shot in its Crossfire lineup of two-seat sports cars with the first Chrysler-badged SRT model, the Crossfire SRT-6. Powered by a 330-hp supercharged 3.2-liter V6, the 18-valve engine produces 310 lb-ft of torque—with 90 percent of that rip coming between 2300 and 6200 rpm. The engine is linked to a five-speed automatic transmission. SRT performance tuning also extends to suspension, brakes, stability control, exhaust and tires. U.S. sales of the SRT-6 coupe start in late spring, followed by the roadster this summer. Worldwide sales of the coupe and roadster also begin this summer.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
wow...330hp. Hopfuly with teh suspension upgrades, this car can actualy be a contender.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Mar 1 2004, 07:56 PM
330-hp supercharged 3.2-liter V6, the 18-valve engine produces 310 lb-ft of torque—with 90 percent of that rip coming between 2300 and 6200 rpm.
wow, it's not fair that such an ugly car is that powerfull!! :eek:
anyone knows how much this thing will cost? maybe if it's too expensive no one will buy it ;)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Hmm, well I have been seeing a lot of Crossfires lately, usually driven by people 50 and older....wonder how they will react to a BLOWN Crossfire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts