GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lead a design team dubbed Gen GM, that redesigns cars by GM using photoshop or drawing them by hand. We currently have a few concepts ready for public viewing, so enjoy them. A few more will come.

Turbojett:

Blackviper:

More concepts are to come, so be patient!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I like that first one - I can't quite make out what is going on with the rear - is that a white painted spoiler?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I like the 2nd. GM desperately needs something that is retro. The Camaro should be it.

The only reason I have been able to phatom for why GM does not do something retro is because it would cost them extra in design and die making. "cheap asses".

GM and Lutz :plasma:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by actionjack@Mar 28 2004, 01:26 PM
I like the 2nd. GM desperately needs something that is retro. The Camaro should be it.

The only reason I have been able to phatom for why GM does not do something retro is because it would cost them extra in design and die making.  "cheap asses".

GM and Lutz    :plasma:
:rolleyes: The SSR, HHR, and Nomad concept was plenty retro for me. I wouldnt call them cheap at all. They want to make money, not blow it away on some dead end retro design. Get over it.

Anyway, very nice.
-On that first one, the 70-73 grill is a bit too much for my taste. Id like for the grill to get smaller, and lower.

-The 2nd ones roof looks a little goofy. Give it more of a smooth, streamlined design. Also, seperate the lights from the grill. And the front end looks like a cattle plow on the front of a train. Give it some more deffinition. Make the headlights larger. I keep seeing mre and more 5th gen Concepets with small, beedy headlights. Make them big!! The first one had a good set up over all, I really liked it, but that grill looks like its trout. I guess thats evolution from the cat fish design of the 4th gen... hehehe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't do these. Members of my team did these, Turbojett, who also has his own site, and blackviper8891, who also posted his concept in the Camaro design area. The one from me is coming up soon.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Mar 28 2004, 10:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Mar 28 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-actionjack@Mar 28 2004, 01:26 PM

The only reason I have been able to phatom for why GM does not do something retro is because it would cost them extra in design and die making.  "cheap asses".

GM and Lutz     :plasma:
:rolleyes: The SSR, HHR, and Nomad concept was plenty retro for me. I wouldnt call them cheap at all. They want to make money, not blow it away on some dead end retro design. Get over it.

Anyway, very nice.
-On that first one, the 70-73 grill is a bit too much for my taste. Id like for the grill to get smaller, and lower.

-The 2nd ones roof looks a little goofy. Give it more of a smooth, streamlined design. Also, seperate the lights from the grill. And the front end looks like a cattle plow on the front of a train. Give it some more deffinition. Make the headlights larger. I keep seeing mre and more 5th gen Concepets with small, beedy headlights. Make them big!! The first one had a good set up over all, I really liked it, but that grill looks like its trout. I guess thats evolution from the cat fish design of the 4th gen... hehehe. [/b][/quote]
Once again I agree with this guy. GM needs 2 move 4ward with it's designs.

Wasn't the "Bel-Air" retro??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts