1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
United States Patent and Trademark Office

Word Mark SS
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Motor land passenger vehicles, namely, automobiles. FIRST USE: 20090316. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20090316
Mark Drawing Code (0) UNKNOWN
Serial Number 85597402
Filing Date April 13, 2012
Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Owner (APPLICANT) General Motors LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 300 Renaissance Center Detroit MICHIGAN 482653000
Attorney of Record Timothy G. Gorbatoff
Description of Mark The mark consists of the letters SS in a fanciful design.
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Screen Capture

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting...

Maybe it's the Chevy Zeta?
That's what I'm thinking since all indicators that there will not be an Impala Super Sport.

Plus, over the years(decades), SS/Super-Sport has always been an option package that didn't need an individual trademark unto itself.

So this seems to add up to an stand-alone SS model.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
The SS trim level have never been trademarked before? :confused:
Ya, that should be the shocker! The SS has been a Chevy thing since the mid 60's and just 2 weeks ago some GM manager woke up and noticed they had no legal assurance on it! Wow...

·
Registered
380 Posts
This pretty much makes it official. The Chevy SS is in the "House"! Its all over but for the crying of those that fear its quake.

This is most excellent News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
This pretty much makes it official. The Chevy SS is in the "House"! Its all over but for the crying of those that fear its quake.

This is most excellent News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't share your optimism. I won't believe it until it is being produced for sale, and maybe not even until it hits dealer lots (remember the G8 ST fiasco). Good news, yes. Positive confirmation, no. Keep the hope alive but be ready for the rug to be pulled out.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The Wermacht will be displeased.
The Wermacht and SS were two different things. However, this trademark can only relate to automobiles. It has nothing to do with German politics.

Chevrolet will soon announce the new model name that it will also use for NASCAR race cars that wear the Chevrolet badge. For some reason, SS never occurred to me as a candidate. However, it would be appropriate.

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't get too excited

A) First use in commerce was March 16, 2009. Which is right about when the Camaro was getting out to the consumer

B) The Drawing and Specimen submitted are a drawing of the current SS logo and a picture from the rear end of the camaro

http://tdr.uspto.gov/search.action?sn=85597402#

View attachment 11010
I don't think it's for the Camaro SS, since that's been around for a few years now. the picture may just be a representation as to how the SS is to used on a vehicle.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.