GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
12-27-15

http://***********.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Chevrolet-Cavalier-Rear-634x340.jpg

Roughly three months later, on December 22nd, 2015, the USPTO approved the filings for publication in its gazette, one of the steps in the trademark registration process.

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I don't know what to think. Cruze has garnered a new respect that the Cavalier diminished. The Taurus name was resurrected after the 500 and it proved to be a good move. I'd rather Chevy expand the Cruze line than change the name.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what to think. Cruze has garnered a new respect that the Cavalier diminished. The Taurus name was resurrected after the 500 and it proved to be a good move. I'd rather Chevy expand the Cruze line than change the name.
The Cavalier name has seldomly been respected, so this move is odd.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Don't worry I think this is the name of the SS replacement.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Bring it back GM.
Cavalier was the best antique mid-60's vehicle you ever produced.
Able to scale Yosemite, top off Pikes Peak and climb Mount Baker, Rainier and Denali.

Maybe I'm confusing Cavalier with H2?
Just bring it back and we'll sort all that out.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
maybe it will be used in MEXICO or some export market like the Cobalt is sold in BRAZIL
not to mention gm would NOT want to compete with a CHERY Cavalier

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,418 Posts
No big deal here as the link referenced states. They don't think so but I seem to believe they do this to keep the name theirs just in case. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
If anything is brewing for the Cavalier name, it would be an overseas car. I had a few Cavaliers, though I like liked the Z24's I had, bad idea lol

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
Yeah. I bought my wife a Caviler 24 convertible.... The trunk was a water collector....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts