GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors confirms Hummer range expansion
15 Jan 2004

General Motors is expanding its popular and controversial Hummer lineup, adding a midsize sport utility vehicle that could go on sale next year, Associated Press (AP) reported.

Hummer spokesman Pete Ternes on Wednesday told AP that dealers learned about the new vehicle in September but refused to say when the next version of the hulking SUV would appear in showrooms or how much it would cost.

AP noted that, last month at the Los Angeles motor show, GM introduced a design concept for a midsize pickup called the Hummer H3T, which features a pickup box with side-access doors and a drop-down rear window - the concept is built on a modified GM midsize truck platform and powered by a 350-horsepower, five-cylinder turbocharged engine.

more...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Gm makes hybrid hummers. My company had to redesign a special project for the military because of it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Jan 16 2004, 12:21 AM
Good for Hummer!
Now... GM needs to make a Hybrid Hummer.  :blink:
Hybrid Hummer for the public sounds good to me. If they could use a hybrid system to increase the power and fuel economy, I think it would be pretty cool... how about a hybrid system on the H1?-- the extra price for the system would be nominal compared to the price of the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle+Jan 16 2004, 06:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr_Pringle @ Jan 16 2004, 06:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgescuro@Jan 16 2004, 12:21 AM
Good for Hummer!
Now... GM needs to make a Hybrid Hummer.   :blink:
Hybrid Hummer for the public sounds good to me. If they could use a hybrid system to increase the power and fuel economy, I think it would be pretty cool... how about a hybrid system on the H1?-- the extra price for the system would be nominal compared to the price of the whole vehicle. [/b][/quote]
thats a very good point.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
The H1 gets pretty good fuel economy (it is a diesel) something like 16 City or 16 Highway i forget, but Im pretty sure its the first. The heavy H2 is the one that needs it, and a diesel, and an atkins diet...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote: 350-horsepower, five-cylinder turbocharged engine. I wonder how well a turbo will help the gas mileage

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just heard that the H1 will get the Duramax Diesel at extra cost in next model year. I think that's groovy. :flush:

·
Registered
685 Posts
It is a great idea. 6.5 in the H2 would be even better.

Don't understand your sarcasm, Queeny. It should prove to be a benifit.

·
Registered
44,279 Posts
Originally posted by BBcamaroSS@Jan 16 2004, 08:43 AM
Quote: 350-horsepower, five-cylinder turbocharged engine. I wonder how well a turbo will help the gas mileage
That's engine needs to end up in the 9-7X. :angry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
As I understand it, the HUMMER brand team has sent the engineering team back to the drawing board and they have a solution. GM has yet to sign off on it. Stay tooned! :bounce:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts