GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The national average for regular unleaded as of Wednesday, June 2, dropped a penny from last Friday, to $2.04 a gallon. That's up 56 cents from the national average the same day a year ago, according to the American Automobile Association.

Other highs and lows:

Highest state average price for regular unleaded: California $2.35, compared to $1.76 the same day last year

Lowest state average price for regular unleaded: South Carolina $1.89, compared to $1.32 the same day last year

Highest price for a gallon of regular unleaded: $3.25 in Lanai City, Hawaii

Lowest price for a gallon of regular unleaded: $1.73 in Norman, Okla.

Link

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
to pay an additional $0.56 for a gallon of gas doesn't really hurt my feelings too much. for it to go up that much in a year is a shock at first, but think about how cheap it has been, and for how long. it's amazing that we don't pay way more than $2.00 a gallon. premium here is as much as $2.19, and that's what my car calls for. it's not really killing me, and i need gas anyway. bitching about it won't fix anything. i think it's okay for now, and it may cause more people to think twice about stupid, unnecessary trips (like the guy up the street from me who drives to the mailbox!).

·
Registered
87 Posts
When the price here drops from 96.5 cents Canadian per litre (Or 2.66 US per gallon) back down to the 70/60 cents per litre, then I'll be happy. Until then though...

Regardless, there is no reason why I should be paying a higher price for gas in my city which has a refinery compared to some other equal sized city without a refinery that has gas at almost 10 cents a litre below what I'm paying.

All I can say is Blah.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've been expecting gas prices to stabilize at the current rates now for about two weeks. I think they may creep up another $0.10 by the end of the summer, but this is about the worst of it. We might see regular unleaded drop down to $1.90 average again, but no lower than that. Either way, I've been paying above $2/gal for a good two months now, as I have to put premium in my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know why gas prices are so big?
Because America is planning WWIII. I know you think it's crazy, but it will happen. Sometime within in the next 6 years. But in 6 years the world is over. Wait for the draft next year. :(

·
Registered
960 Posts
Of course all the stations around me raised prices 2 cents this week because it did hit $42/barrel. One terrorist attack on a Saudi oil field / pipeline / storage facility and oil will be $60/barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.