GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this has already been done but I thought it would be interesting to see the gas mileage of people's cars according to the DIC (Driver imformation centre).

My car is DIC-less so I'll use my parents'.

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD with approx 22,000 kms.
Currently: 11.0 L/100km (Approx 21.4 MPG)
Best: 10.7 L/100km (Approx. 21.98 MPG)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT with approx. 4000 kms.
Currently: 8.7 L/100km (approx 27.0 MPG)
Best: 8.5 L/100 km (approx 27.7 MPG)

Note: Those 'best' figures are ones I've seen while in the car so its very possible better were achieved. Calculations i've done with my car put the economy around the same as the Equinox.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Currently: 17.6 MPG on a 2006 Chevy Silverado CC Z-71. She does awesome if you go 55-60 (24-25), but horrible in the city (13MPG average).

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Mine says 24.2 mpg. That is not "immediate" mpg or the average on the current tank. It is the average since the battery was last disconnected. It takes a while for a change to affect that average.

It is also inflated by 1-2 mpg. My average on my last tank was a terrible 19.7 mpg. I do have a balloon foot, but lower mileage is typical in the winter. I just did not think it would be that much lower - in warmer months, I average 23 mpg. My car must just be more affected by cold temperatures. My averages this winter have mostly been below 20, with the worst being 18.9. It bugs the hell out of me considering how conservatively I drive.

I am doing better on this tankfull though, as the temperatures are consistently warmer. My "Distance to empty" is adding up to be 385 miles, rather the less than 330 miles I have been getting.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
21.3 MPG average on my 2006 LaCrosse CXS with the 3.6L. Not bad considering it is moving the nearly 3600 lbs of car and nearly 200 lbs of me all the time in rural/city driving.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My DIC is about 1.8 to 1.4 MPG off on the high side. So right now my DIC is saying 32.7 mpg but the actual will be a little greater than 31.

This is for a 2005 Malibu 2.2 Ecotec.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Saab hangs out at 17.0 MPG but moves up to 18-19 MPG when I do a littel freeway driving. This is a running average with about 6000 miles (or whatever the max is if less than that) on it so far.

Per tank that is either on the spot or low. 100% Highway (at 80 MPH cruise) is about 22-23 MPG when calculated. I can get the EPA 26 MPG when I go about 60 MPH

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Saab hangs out at 17.0 MPG but moves up to 18-19 MPG when I do a littel freeway driving. This is a running average with about 6000 miles (or whatever the max is if less than that) on it so far.

Per tank that is either on the spot or low. 100% Highway (at 80 MPH cruise) is about 22-23 MPG when calculated. I can get the EPA 26 MPG when I go about 60 MPH
Wow, that really sucks for a stick car. Good thing you can wipe your ass with $100 bills, huh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
13 mpg in town with a V-8 Silverado is terrible? I think that's pretty darn good with a 5,000lb truck with 315hp.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
My DIC is about 1.8 to 1.4 MPG off on the high side. So right now my DIC is saying 32.7 mpg but the actual will be a little greater than 31.

Wow, that is much better than my Cobalt with the same 2.2L engine. Do you mostly drive on the highway?

Stop and go traffic during my commute does not help my fuel economy much but it is a lot better than the 18 MPG I would get with the GTO.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
13 mpg in town with a V-8 Silverado is terrible? I think that's pretty darn good with a 5,000lb truck with 315hp.
Not bad at all, especially when comparing it to my V6 Explorer. It got between 12-14 MPG around town and 16-17 MPG on the highway. Not too good.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
My Malibu Maxx is sitting at 22 mpg right now, but I reset it with every tank. It always reads high, although how high varies. I'm probably really getting 20.8-21 right now in suburban driving, 6 miles maximum trip, with temps in the 30's. When temps were in the teens and low 20's, the DIC was right at 20 and actual mileage in the upper teens.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Wow, that is much better than my Cobalt with the same 2.2L engine. Do you mostly drive on the highway?

Stop and go traffic during my commute does not help my fuel economy much but it is a lot better than the 18 MPG I would get with the GTO.
That is the current mileage with 70% freeway.

I drive like a grandma and I use cruise control everywhere I can. If I see the light up ahead change to red, I instantly take my foot off the gas. I am sure I bug the hell out of the soccer moms but oh well.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
My G/F's Malibu SS's DIC usually says 22 avg, but when figured its usually closer to about 20. I have no DIC, but my truck averages about 17.5mpg, last tank I figured it at 18.2 mpg.!!!! And Its almost all city err....rural driving! (unladen of course)

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
in 41.3 miles ive averaged 11.2 mpg. this is low though, i warm up for 5-10 minutes usually since its been cold and its the drive back and forth to work which is 2 miles even in stop and go city traffic (and ive been driving with a heavy foot lately, i love the exhaust rumble).

its also off because the computer is programmed for a 285/70/17 tire and i have 265s on there right now. bout a one inch height difference. not much, but it adds up im sure.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
2008 Astra, just a hair under 3000 miles on the car.

Current Tank - 29.7 MPG - this has mostly been "city" driving to and from work

Ave for last 2200 miles 28.9 MPG

Doing check when I fill up these numbers are pretty much right on usually.

5,934 Posts
I reset the Average MPG on the Z06 every fill-up. Right now, around town I got about 15 mpg. For my last highway trip last summer I averaged about 27.5 mpg heading down to KC and about 28 mpg coming back. When I calculate by hand I notice the DIC underestimates the mpg by about 0.5 mpg.
It's still cool to set it to the Instant MPG mode when on the highway and cresting a small hill, and see about 55 mpg. I notice it maxes out at 99.9 mpg. I was cresting a hill and coasted, it pegged at 99.9 mpg.

I really enjoy my DIC. It provides lots of useful information.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I've been checking the DIC on the 04 Trailblazer after about 3 to 5 fillups most of the winter. It averaged about 15.8mpg for mixed suburban driving using 4wd about 20% of the time. We had lots of snow on some of the long distance drives, driving the grandson home (80 mile roundtrip) every other weekend.

The temperature has warmed up, with no snow and it's getting about 17.3 mpg for the same mix of suburban driving.

On the last fillup, when we dropped off the grandson, I drove 40 miles on a suburban road (50 mph average) and got 23.2 mpg on that one way drive.

The EPA mileage figures for the TB were 15mpg city/20mpg highway, so I'm happy that been able to beat those numbers. I've slowed down to just above the speed limit since the last round of gas price increases, but I don't know how long I can keep it up. I tend to go 5 to 10 mph above the speed limit (depending on traffic) and almost never pass up a chance to beat out someone at a stop light. With the high price of gas, I've got to stop that and growup.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts

Mine is like that also, usually high. Closest was one trip, mostly highway, DIC stated 29.7 and the calculator called for 29.4. I've had the DIC state 33+ on the highway before.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts