GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got to test sit (it's in the showroom and I was there before any salespeople) a G8 GT 888 at Franklin Pontiac (30 miles south of Nashville) this morning. Beautiful machine:dro:! The best Pontiac face in recent memory. It makes even us die-hard Pontiac fans not care where it's made -- as long as it's here! It feels very comfortable and solid. The Sport-Truck will be a hot addition to the G8 lineup...all that's missing is the Sport-Wagon. There was one huge negative -- $3,000 dealer markup -- not cool:mad:! Let's hear from everyone who's seen this new Pontiac Chief in person. I'll admit that I haven't had much interest lately in Pontiac, but thank you, GM, you have my full attention now!

current rides:
2002 Saturn L200
1992 Pontiac Trans Sport
1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
former rides:
1972 Pontiac Bonneville
1975 Pontiac Grand Am 455
1984 Pontiac Fiero
1982 Chevrolet Cavalier
future rides:
Pontiac G8 (prefer SW or ST)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I live in Hendersonville, about 20 miles north of Nashville. I'm south of town all the time, so I may have to stop by and check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have one in my showroom in Pa G8 GT vin #036 of 888.....best pontiac sdn in decades. Glad to see pontiac back in the headlines. Don't be angry by market adjustments be angry that the supply is soooo small. I am only getting a few this entire year when I should see 50 - 70 because I can sell them all. So of course we need to adjust for the demand and make up for the small dealer margin.

·
Registered
353 Posts
All market adjustments do is make a potential long term Pontiac customer mad and force them to shop somewhere else never to return.

Would you rather make a few extra thousand dollars on 1 sale or try to build a long term customer base that will purchase many more times in the future.

Most of the car buying public will have no problem with paying sticker price on a new hot model that they really want, but market adjustments in the thousands lose a lot more future customers and future dollars than can be made on a few market adjusted sales.

·
Registered
273 Posts
"Market adjustments" do suck, but I figure that the people that buy one over MSRP are the ones that have the money to spare and/or have to have the first one on the block. I would just wait until there is more supply, unless you really need a set of new wheels and like the G8 that much.

BPGTim, where are you in Pa? I would like to see a G8, and live in Central PA (West Shore).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They tried that dealer add-on when I bought my Fiero in late 1983. But since I ordered it 8 weeks earlier, they made me think they did me a favor by taking it off. My salesman was great and my family bought cars from him previously, so I am thankful to him. I'm going to write a hit song and bring in cash for a Sport-Truck!! :yup:

current rides:
2002 Saturn L200
1992 Pontiac Trans Sport
1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

former rides:
1972 Pontiac Bonneville
1975 Pontiac Grand Am 455
1984 Pontiac Fiero
1982 Chevrolet Cavalier

future ride:
Pontiac G8 (prefer SW or ST)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts