GM Inside News Forum banner

G6 Tires

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  autofan 
#1 ·
My '07 G6 Coupe came standard with the Continental ContiTouringContact CV95 tires and they stink... the car skids out everyone in the rain let alone the snow and sometimes they even stink on dry pavement I've heard other g6 owners have had the same problems with these tires.... is there any really good tires that anyone could recommend? Price isn't much of an issue... I just want really good All Season tires.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Size would be...?

An unknown but quality tire is the Dunlop SP60. It comes in limited size ranges, though.

Check www.tirerack.com

#4 ·
That precludes the SP60s, biggest is 225.60.16. And if your brakes aren't too big, 16s might fit.

One of my objections to the gigantifying trend in tires is that the selection declines as diameter/price increases.

I always used to buy at least H rated tires. These Dunlops are S rated, and since I don't regularly cruise at 90+ they serve my purposes well.

Meanwhile you can search the comparison area at Tire Rack for better tires.

#5 ·
The Continentals do suck. Both my 2003 Pontiac Vibe and 2005 G6 GT had ContiSport Touring tires and by 18,000 miles they were about worn out. GM actually replaced the tires under warranty on the Vibe with Goodyear RS-As (much better tires) and I was given a 25% credit toward new tires on the G6 due to premature wear of the OEM tires. I put Yokahamas on and was very happy with their performance all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.