GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place for this but...

I have an '07 G6 GT Coupe with the standard manual climate control. I was wondering: If I buy the G6 Automatic Climate control found in the gxp, etc, would it be able to work on my car?

the same goes for the 07 & 08 OEM Radios, the difference is that the '08 has the AUX jack... would the '08 radio work on my '07 vehicle?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This post probably belongs in the tech forum.

Just guessing, but I'd say the radio swap would be more apt to work than the climate control one, although it may indeed work.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Tech forum.

I looked into this for my Aura. It will work as everything is there and if you adjust the fan direction setting you can hear the motors turning the vents on & off. however they want $350 for the part and thats @ cost through my parts dept.

Thats too much.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Automatic climate control requires additional sensors and such, hence the automatic. So it's more than just the panel, to get it working and sort of a bigger project--I've seen it done on older cars (such as Caprices from the 90's) but nothing newer, because of the cost & complexity.

As for the radio, that should plug right in, as nothing changed except for the inclusion of the Aux. jack on the radio itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.