GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to own a 2006 G6 GTP coupe from December 2005 all the way till this January 2008. At one point in time I tried starting my car in the garage and there was no juice. The car ended up getting towed and my battery was stone dead. I never got a new battery the dealer just charged it up for me.

Well since January of this year. I've been the proud owner of a 2008 G6 GXP coupe. She has caused me ZERO problems for 7800 miles. I got out of night class last nite at school go start my car she is dead. I attend school 70 miles away from my house. Last nite it was about 40 below outside. I sat in my car and froze for about 40 minutes till the tow truck driver came. He jumped my car and she started up like that. Question is why would my G6 battery just die. My car is not even a year old yet. I bought my car out of the showroom with 2 miles on it. I went to my local dealer and they told me the battery is fine and so is the alternator. I'm just worried I'm going to get stranded again. Its just weird how this problem keeps on happening?????

·
Registered
528 Posts
First off, unless you were visiting Antarctica last night, I think -40 degrees is a little bit of an exaggeration.

Car batteries usually just don't go dead. Something caused it to go dead. Either you left a door ajar, or the trunk half open, or even left something charging in the cigarrette plug. All these things will slowly drain your battery. Or, your car might actually have a short in it too. The dealer should have checked the car to see if it had parasitic drain on it.

Also, why on earth are you calling a tow truck to get your car for a dead battery? Either get yourself a pair of jumper cables or a jumper box which is like $30 at your local car store or walmart. They take like 30 seconds to use and your car would charge itself back up and not leave you stranded.

I think everybody has a dead battery story or two

Good luck to you, hope you figure your car out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts