GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to my Dads and he said he "saw one of the new Grand Ams". He also said, at first, he didn't know it was a Pontiac; he said it looked Euro.

I honestly don't know if he saw someone from the Tech Center driving a G6 or if he saw a new GTO going down the road. Rinke Pontiac by the GM Tech Center was supposed to get their first shipment of them this week.

:woot2:

·
Registered
750 Posts
wow....thats hillarious. :rolleyes:
ever think he just saw a new grand am?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you had any common sense, which you don't, you'd know the current Grand Am doesn't look euro... and it doesn't look new either.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, the new GA sure doesn't look old...Tell me TAFreak, do you ever have anything positive to say about something that isn't a Trans Am or a Firebird?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Of coarse not, yet hes the first person to post on anything that isn't....if you ask me hes covering for his secret love of the new GTO....look around the room....its covered with GTO posters isnt it....ISNT IT!!!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
T/A Freak you are funny.
Get your Dad some new glasses.
I guess he doesn't know much about cars?
Like father like son.
Can you differentiate size?
Look at a Grand Am then look at a GTO they both look like Pontiacs but one is larger than the other.
Let me know if you want to know which one is which. Guess what one of them is FWD and the other is RWD. I'll post more details later while you absorb this big news.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ohhhh nice rebutle, no please, I need some time to regather my thoughs afte that horendous blow.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you actually saw the new GTO in person, you'd know how close it is in size to the Grand Am. It's in between the Grand Am and the Grand Prix.

From far away, it's almost impossible to notice the difference, especially if you haven't seen the new GTO much (like my dad).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love hearing that my GTO is NOT for everyone. I also enjoy that others just "don't get it." They can hate it, flame it, don't buy it, whatever. It will not make my GTO any less pleasurable nor will it make it any slower.

It's kinda like this.......
Picture a bunch of beer bellied, uneducated idiots standing around arguing about whether or not Rebecca Stamos is really all that attractive. I can just hear them. "Nah man, she's not stylish enough for me", "Is she even American?". As if any of them could ever deserve such a woman. Of course the difference is,we (GTO buyers) are all John Stamos. We get to go home with her EVERY night while they stand around arguing. Poor *******s.

They don't even know what they're missing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As for guys that like the old T/A's and Firebirds? Well let's just say they go home with something a little different.

·
Registered
750 Posts
rofl cvp, and yes I have seen it in person, it was cool. :bounce:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
HEY HEY!! Old birds and all fbodies are cool... until they moved north to canada. I do not speak for TA Freak as he is a 4th gen owner. Not saying anything bad, but 4th gen owners tend to have a different outlook on cars compared to others and there attitude is strange. Not saying TA Freak fits into this sterotype, but most owners tend to do. I love 4th gens for one thing... the LS1 and the 6spd. Without them, there would be no wrecked 4th gens with LS1's ripe for the picking and placed into the engine bays of other fbodies. Thank GOD GM kept most of the design of the third gen in the 4th gen. It would be so much harder to do the swap if it wasnt for that. THANKS GM!!

As for your dad, If there want any plastic body gladding, then it was either the new GP or the GTO. Funny, I figured teh GTO to be about the same size as a grand prix with only a wider wheel base. Other then that, the new 04 GP's and the new 04 GTO's look nothing alike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Dec 13 2003, 06:14 AM
HEY HEY!!  Old birds and all fbodies are cool... until they moved north to canada.  I do not speak for TA Freak as he is a 4th gen owner.  Not saying anything bad, but 4th gen owners tend to have a different outlook on cars compared to others and there attitude is strange.  Not saying TA Freak fits into this sterotype, but most owners tend to do.  I love 4th gens for one thing... the LS1 and the 6spd.  Without them, there would be no wrecked 4th gens with LS1's ripe for the picking and placed into the engine bays of other fbodies.  Thank GOD GM kept most of the design of the third gen in the 4th gen.  It would be so much harder to do the swap if it wasnt for that.  THANKS GM!!
First off, being a person who has driven every generation of Fbody (68 RS/SS, 71 Z28. 81 Z28. 85 TransAm. 92 Firebird. 97 Camaro, 99 Camaro, 02 TransAm WS6), I am a person with strong opinions about which Fbodys are the best. After driving all of those models, I can say that the Gen 1 and the early Gen 2 Fbodys are great cars and fun to drive, but they still fall second to the late Gen 4 cars. The Gen 3 Fbodys, I feel were the worst ones ever. I never had so many complaints about a vehicle in my life. Nothing wrong engine wise, just a ton of little things, all the time. I hated that 92 Firebird. I would never own another one again in my life. My favorite Fbody so far has been my 99 Camaro (V6) and the 02 TransAm that I've been privileged enough to drive several times. The 4th Gens are great, even though, you'll probably mention reliability problems that "plague" the 4th gens. Let me guess, the power window motors, and the 4L60-E transmissions? What else?

Anyhow, would you like to go into detail please and describe what kind of outlook I have on cars? What kind of attitude do I have? Do go into detail on this stereotype about 4th Gen owners. Maybe you just mean the LS1 owners? I don't know.

You say "Thank GOD GM kept most of the design of the third gen in the 4th gen. " I say they should have changed it even more. The 3rd gen was a flawwed design to begin with, and everything should have been left behind with the 92 model. That's all I have to say.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TA Freak as he is a 4th gen owner
Just to clarify, I am a 4th generation and 2nd Generation owner. I believe 4th and 2nd were the best two years for the Firebird also (overall, power, looks, etc).

In terms of power, I think Camaros are the same way. But I think 1st and 3rd generation Camaros look better than the hideous 2nd generation and girly-looking 4th gens.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Damn, those are some of my favorite's. I love the round taillight cars. Eh, to each his own. At least we are all F-body fans.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts