GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm checking my e-mails at home and I see one that came thru that says:

"Take me off your e-mail list. I bought a truck already because you were too late."

So I say to myself, "How long ago did I miss this lead?". We all know that soemtimes e-mails can get missed or I just didn't respond but the auto-response should have at least sent something.

So I check my CRM system at noon (I'm off on Thursdays) today and I see the lead came thru at 12:38 AM!!! The auto response went out at 12:40 AM.

What a d**khead! I'm sorry if I didn't get back to you while I was SLEEPING!!! Of course, the diesel work truck 3500 you wanted must have been in stock and you ran there this morning and bought it. Yeah, sure.

Best of all it was a supplier lead (supplier=no gross=high grief).

Also, he sent a request back in February that I responded to immediately and he fell off the face of the earth.

Gee, thanks Mr. Supplier. I hope you bought a lemon elsewhere.

Salepeople only please respond as only you can feel my pain.

:drive:

·
Registered
70 Posts
How about the guy in my Church that asked me about a dually coming out of the sanctuary on Sunday morning and bought from another GM dealer Monday morning at 0830. Said I didn't get in touch on Monday morning quick enough. This is at 0845 Monday when I called him as soon as I got out of the staff meeting.

Poetic justice though - he paid almost $2,500.00 more at the GMC store than I would have charged him for the Chevy.

You're right Moos - nothing surprises me anymore either.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
How about the guy in my Church that asked me about a dually coming out of the sanctuary on Sunday morning and bought from another GM dealer Monday morning at 0830. Said I didn't get in touch on Monday morning quick enough. This is at 0845 Monday when I called him as soon as I got out of the staff meeting.

Poetic justice though - he paid almost $2,500.00 more at the GMC store than I would have charged him for the Chevy.

that's another reason why stores shouldn't have meetings unless absolutely necessary. god i get so sick of sitting thru these drawn out bs sessions....going over the same spew over and over again..."you guys gotta demo the car, sell the customer on you and the store, show why your car is better than the others...blah, blah, blah" meanwhile, the sales mgr and f and i guy have their paycheck handed to them for not much more than lipwork.
on the other hand, the church guy that bought the GMC...stay in touch with him. it won't be the last car he buys and who knows....the other dealer probably isn't staying in touch with him either.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

Seriously, people do this? I'd rather wait the hour or half day and buy from someone I know....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's another reason why stores shouldn't have meetings unless absolutely necessary. god i get so sick of sitting thru these drawn out bs sessions....going over the same spew over and over again..."you guys gotta demo the car, sell the customer on you and the store, show why your car is better than the others...blah, blah, blah" meanwhile, the sales mgr and f and i guy have their paycheck handed to them for not much more than lipwork.
The problem is most salespeople DON'T listen to the managers and have to be told repeatedly. That's why those meetings have to take place.

Also, when your customer comes in with a complaint that you don't want to (or can't) handle, who do you go running to? The manager. Management does a lot more than salespeople give credit for.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
^^^ AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!! there's alot of days i wish i'd have turned down this sales mgr position. over half the time im making less money too.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.