GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neat idea for GM's 100th Anniversary.

I thought about this the other day while I was jogging..

Lets say that a major motion picture studio was going to make a movie about General Motors, which actors would you get to play some of the major figures in GM history?

Have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Ok...but what would it be about? What would be the plot?
Just about how GM made it to the top, and its downfall? Sad to say, the only movie that would come about would be a negitive movie if anything. It would be much like that HBO movie about the M2 Bradley, the hoops and rings it had to go through, the problems and conflicts it had faced. It was good, but I think we would get something like Thank You for Smoking or Fast Food Nation, a negitive outlook.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since it's not for real, the plot is secondary, I was just brainstorming about which actors would play roles like Harley Earl or Alfred P Sloan for example..

I came about the idea thinking about how Roger Smith an Ned Beatty kind of look alike.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Ok...but what would it be about? What would be the plot?
Just about how GM made it to the top, and its downfall? Sad to say, the only movie that would come about would be a negitive movie if anything. It would be much like that HBO movie about the M2 Bradley, the hoops and rings it had to go through, the problems and conflicts it had faced. It was good, but I think we would get something like Thank You for Smoking or Fast Food Nation, a negitive outlook.
It would a drama about GM's struggle to get the Pontiac Aztec from concept to production, and how the Aztec rocked the automotive world despite the words of naysayers and pessimists.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
John DeLorean would be interesting

As well as Buick's fall from offering semi-luxury performance cars down to granny boats

Lutz running his mouth and Wagoner being like "lol wut? oh yeah don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about"

·
Registered
11,898 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Sam Neill - Rick Wagoner
Robert DeNiro - Bob Lutz
John O'Hurley - John DeLorean
Robin Williams - Roger Smith
Richard Gere - Ron Gettelfinger
Steve Buscemi - Buickman
Michael Douglas - Kirk Kerkorian
George Clooney - Ralph Nader
Richard Dreyfuss - Zora Arkus-Duntov
Tommy Lee Jones - Henry Ford

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Lutz? Jack Nickolson? Not tall enough...
Young John Delorean: Christian Bale
You would have to get two really tall people to play Rick and Lutz.
Dryfus as Zora? Jesus man...
Ed Welburn: Jamie Foxx, but Welburn is short, Foxx is tall....

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
5,934 Posts
Lee Marvin to play Bob Lutz.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts