GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If edmunds got 13.2 in the quarter, other mags will probably be in the high 12s. Numbers are pretty good, but holy base price batman!! Isn't that approaching the Vette price range ($40,095)?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I like the looks, but not much else.

4200lbs :eek:
13/18 MPG :eek:
no stick for '08 :eek:

66.2 slalom and .86g are decent numbers, but no better than a Mustang GT. For $40k, I'd expect 70+ slaloms and .90g+

The trap speed was OK - but really no better than a 10 year old LS1 fbody.

For $40k...I'll pass. I'm glad it makes some people happy though.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
not a bad review overall but the SRT is pretty close to vette territory in price

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
not a bad review overall but the SRT is pretty close to vette territory in price
So are half of Carroll Shelby's Mustang creations.....

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
This is a Challenger test not a Charger test. It really is unreal what such a heavy car can achieve. If you didn't know the weight ahead of time you would never know it's that heavy. Skid pad number are more than anyone will ever do on the street, it accelerates faster than 95% of all cars and stops in 115 feet from 60. I just cannot immagine if we had all this current technology of today in a ponycar that weighed similiar to the old ones. Oh well I like creature comforts, good handling and reliability also. I'm just glad we will have the option to choose 3 cars that are an absolute blast to drive. Smiles for miles.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I just cannot imagine if we had all this current technology of today in a ponycar that weighed similar to the old ones. Oh well I like creature comforts, good handling and reliability also. I'm just glad we will have the option to choose 3 cars that are an absolute blast to drive. Smiles for miles.
If all this technology was crammed into a ponycar of yesteryear......the insurance companies would have a field day.....that annoying little Gecko (from Geico) would be giving PSA's I bet....:lmao:

As long as you get 'smiles for miles'.....it's all good though :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts