GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All it needs is a "Screw You" bumper sticker.
Car & Driver
November 3, 2014
By: Alexander Stoklosa

Few automobiles so accurately channel the concept of f#@k everyone as the 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive. Like the 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG, this Porsche’s extreme speed and incongruence with societal norms bestow upon owners a rarified and awesome offensiveness akin to, say, owning a strip club or being Bernie Ecclestone.

Let’s run down what takes the Panamera Turbo S Executive to that echelon.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Completely and totally DISAGREE!!!

If I had $250,000, this would be in my garage. No ifs, ands, or buts. (Right alongside an XJ Ultimate and Model S P85D.)
Different strokes for different folks. I feel like the Panamera love is a byproduct of the natural love of the 911. In my opinion the RS7 is a better Panamera.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Completely and totally DISAGREE!!!

If I had $250,000, this would be in my garage. No ifs, ands, or buts. (Right alongside an XJ Ultimate and Model S P85D.)
You cray, MG! :p:

It's a nice car, but it's still JUST a Porsche.

For the money, I'd take this instead:

And you're getting dangerously close to something like this:

·
Registered
44,433 Posts
You cray, MG! :p:
It's a nice car, but it's still JUST a Porsche.
It's an ultra-exclusive LWB Porsche.
If Cadillac had a car even remotely as desired, powerful, or as prestigious as a Panamera Turbo S Executive, all of you would be doing this... Seriously...

For the money, I'd take this instead:

And you're getting dangerously close to something like this:

A Flying Spur and Ghost are for people with not enough sense and too many cents. And I'd prefer to drive my cars not be chauffeured in one.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
If Cadillac had a car even remotely as desired, powerful, or as prestigious as a Panamera Turbo S Executive, all of you would be doing this... Seriously...

A Flying Spur and Ghost are for people with not enough sense and too many cents. And I'd prefer to drive my cars not be chauffeured in one.
Cadillac may not be far away from a technological marvel, but they are years away from the prestige of a Porsche Panamera, perhaps in the 2025 after this generation of vehicles, depending on how they execute new products on top of their new excellent entries. There is still holes in their product line up, pockets of mediocrity.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

HAHAHAHAHA. Bonus points for the video!

Anyways, it's still "just a Porsche" at the end of the day. Rolls, Bentley, etc are far more exclusive, and IMHO for $250,000 I expect an exclusive nameplate on my car, not one attached to a Boxster.

It's still a Rolls, Bentley, etc. at the end of the day. And the Panamera is still "just" a Porsche. Nice car, but you could (and should) do better for the money.

·
Registered
44,433 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA. Bonus points for the video!
I'm not wrong! lol

Anyways, it's still "just a Porsche" at the end of the day. Rolls, Bentley, etc are far more exclusive, and IMHO for $250,000 I expect an exclusive nameplate on my car, not one attached to a Boxster.
Well, that's like just saying an S65 is "just a Mercedes." It's kinda not "just a Mercedes." It too is ~$250,000.

It's still a Rolls, Bentley, etc. at the end of the day. And the Panamera is still "just" a Porsche. Nice car, but you could (and should) do better for the money.
Yes. At the end of the day it's a Rolls and Bentley. They're beautiful cars. No argument from me.
But I'm saying a Panamera Turbo S Exec and S65 aren't just "ordinary" Porches and Mercedes either.

·
Registered
44,433 Posts
Cadillac may not be far away from a technological marvel, but they are years away from the prestige of a Porsche Panamera, perhaps in the 2025 after this generation of vehicles, depending on how they execute new products on top of their new excellent entries. There is still holes in their product line up, pockets of mediocrity.
Technological reputation is founded on the basis that technology is revised and improved constantly.
While Cadillac does have high end technology now, they haven't quite proven that they can actually keep it up to date at the MCE, or continually upgrade features for the new model year.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Technological reputation is founded on the basis that technology is revised and improved constantly.
While Cadillac does have high end technology now, they haven't quite proven that they can actually keep it up to date at the MCE, or continually upgrade features for the new model year.
This is true, Hopefully we see some ATS upgrades shortly, I am hoping for an MCE with new Cadillac exclusive powertrains and a new edition of Q plus that quick shift 8speed

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
I'd wait for the Z06 at 1/3rd the price and do without the useless back seats. Is the Panamera name really worth an extra $150,000 of bragging rights?
For pure performance the Z06 is hard to beat, for sure, but the Panamera is a proper 4-door, 4-seater, so if that's what you're in the market for a Vette won't cut it. I wouldn't plunk down a quarter of a million bucks for this, but can understand why someone might.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
The power of branding at it's finest and I mean that in the good and bad way. Damn it's ugly but it's a Porsche. That's why it will sell. With only 100 copies, it'll be very exclusive too. They'll be spoken for within a blink.

Just another way that Porsche continues to elevate its portfolio.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
For pure performance the Z06 is hard to beat, for sure, but the Panamera is a proper 4-door, 4-seater, so if that's what you're in the market for a Vette won't cut it. I wouldn't plunk down a quarter of a million bucks for this, but can understand why someone might.
you have to be brain dead and have a ***** that doesn't work to want a Panamera (**** you Porsche for building a 4 door 911). Most people (me included) who do not like the Panamera just do not like how the car looks. Porsche should have built a new Porsche 928 instead but we got SUVs and this junk. Now they want $250,000 for it....... cars like this is for people with lots of money and no taste...

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, that's like just saying an S65 is "just a Mercedes." It's kinda not "just a Mercedes." It too is ~$250,000.
The S65 is a just a Mercedes-Benz at the end of the day. A very nice, very fast, very well built sedan, but at the end of the day, it's a $250,000 Mercedes-Benz. If it were my money, I'd be buying a Ghost or Flying Spur. As strong as MB's name is, Rolls Royce and Bentley are respected even more.

Yes. At the end of the day it's a Rolls and Bentley. They're beautiful cars. No argument from me.
But I'm saying a Panamera Turbo S Exec and S65 aren't just "ordinary" Porches and Mercedes either.
Sure, they're not a run in the mill Mercedes-Benz or Porsche, but at the end of the day, they're still a Mercedes-Benz or Porsche.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts