GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the Saturn dealership where I initially went to get an oil change. While there, they recommended me to get the BG Fuel Induction Service at $125. Well, I don't have this kind of money in my pocket, so I passed. As it was, I paid an extra $30 to get my air filter replaced. So, when I thought I'd be spending about $23, I spent $54! :eek:

I have an '04 Saturn Ion Quad Coupe with 78k miles on it that I keep regular maintenance on and it seems to be running fine. I plan on keeping this car once it's paid off this year. So...how do I know if/when I should have this fuel induction service done? I know dealerships are more expensive and recommend services to make more money. If there's anything I can do on my own to save money, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Nowadays, cars don't need fuel system cleaning. The additives in today's gas prevent clogging or build up, additional cleaning or chemicals aren't necessary. Carbon build up can occur if you don't ever let the revs get up there (all city driving sometimes causes this) but its nothing an extended run on the highway wouldn't fix. Save your money, don't pay for services that won't give you any kind of return;)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
BS, it needs to be done. I cant tell you how many cars I have fixed by doing this stuff. Dont want to beleive it, fine, but BG stuff does work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts