GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/spotlight/nav_event/index.html

Now through 1/2/2007, when you buy or lease any specially-equipped 2007 Cadillac, the navigation system is on us.

Most people don't know they need a navigation system until after they've had one. Using a detailed GPS-based map, an LCD display in your dashboard shows where you are, where you're going and gives turn-by-turn voice prompts (limited detail routing) to get you there. Preset specific addresses for the most direct route from wherever you are or navigate hands-free using the voice recognition feature.

Thousands of destinations coast to coast, from Japanese restaurants in Jersey, to emergency animal clinics in Colorado, to bed and breakfasts in Baltimore, come pre-programmed ready to be explored.
Visit your local Cadillac dealer for complete details.

Offer expires 1/2/2007. ©2006 GM Corp. All rights reserved. Cadillac®

·
Registered
345 Posts
Besides the offer of getting a free NAV, I just have to ask one thing. How good of a NAV system is Cadillac giving away?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Kappa said:
Besides the offer of getting a free NAV, I just have to ask one thing. How good of a NAV system is Cadillac giving away?
sounds to be quite detailed. but i tried the DVD one about 5 years ago and didnt like it. im think its a safe assumption that it has been vastly improved with OnStar Turn by Turn Nav. Since this one is GPS based it should be quite good at that.

·
Registered
697 Posts
This is a $2145 manufacturer's Bonus Cash on every new '06/'07 Cadillac (reflecting the MSRP price of factory Nav on the Escalade and others).

If the car is equipped w/ Nav you get $2145 to offset its cost. If the Cadillac you choose from the dealer's inventory does not have factory Nav, you DO NOT get Nav... you get a $2145 rebate combinable w/ all other applicable incentives.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Sounds good but I think they should just add it to all 07's produced until they have enough stock to cover est. sales until 1/07. This would help push several people over the line.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
surferdude00711 said:
Thats great. Once you get nav, you never go back.
I must agree. Once I started using a NAV system, I found myself enjoying the additional information it provided. I now know where lakes are that I didn't realize before. Finding streets is a breeze. If nothing else, the NAV system is entertaining.

Some feedback to GM:

1) NAV doesn't mean "high-end" vehicles only ... NAV systems have become mainstream. Really. Honest.

2) Don't design a NAV system that makes me choose between playing a music CD or use the NAV DVD. That makes no sense.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
OK Am I on glue or what?

so Caddlac slaps $2500 on the hood of every Caddy, if it has A NAVI they say it is for te navi, if it does not it is for ... ???

and we rejoyce?

it is worse than free quitar with VW and worse than free gas .. it does not improve resale in anything more, than lowering the purchase price, so the identical trade in vlaue is all of sudden a higher percentage of the purchase price.

Yes - cudos to Cady for being creative with the incentives, but free equipment is a VERY weak mask for a cash on the hood.

Igor

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
igor said:
OK Am I on glue or what?

so Caddlac slaps $2500 on the hood of every Caddy, if it has A NAVI they say it is for te navi, if it does not it is for ... ???

and we rejoyce?

it is worse than free quitar with VW and worse than free gas .. it does not improve resale in anything more, than lowering the purchase price, so the identical trade in vlaue is all of sudden a higher percentage of the purchase price.

Yes - cudos to Cady for being creative with the incentives, but free equipment is a VERY weak mask for a cash on the hood.

Igor
Meh. Future buyers would most likely by a car with nav--and new buyers would be intrigued?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
uboys said:
Meh. Future buyers would most likely by a car with nav--and new buyers would be intrigued?
I am not saying it will not intrigue future buyers ... but it is not better than being intrigued by cash on the hood IMO .... well a little better ... NAVI is still a sort of an exclusive option... these is a reason why no one offers it standard - there are many people who rather poscket $2500 than have Navi ...

among all car shoopers, NAVI is usually #1 in desirability, WHEN PRICE IS NOT A CONCERN ... when price is factored in, NAVi falls onto 11th place ...

it is one of those niceties people lust for, but often feel it is not worth the money.

IMO - cady should have upped the NAVI production mix - and couple it with other options - and simply offer the navi free, but not give $$ on cars that do not have NAVI ... it would have been a much better deal for Caddy - it would actually up the transaction price of the vehicles sold (you lure them onto some options by offering a bug one bundled in free), and it would not feel like cash on the hood .....

but alas ... we can only dream of truly creative incentives ..

Igor

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
ByTheLake said:
Some feedback to GM:

1) NAV doesn't mean "high-end" vehicles only ... NAV systems have become mainstream. Really. Honest.

2) Don't design a NAV system that makes me choose between playing a music CD or use the NAV DVD. That makes no sense.
Um. GM's NAV DON'T prevent you from playing a CD and using the DVD Nav...

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
OK Am I on glue or what?

Your on glue...

it is worse than free quitar with VW and worse than free gas

SORRY, I know that you are Ford fan and all but, the VW free guitar giveaway is about the stupidest thing that I ever have seen. I beats the Navigation incentive by a wide wide wide WIDE margin, I mean really, what was VW thinking?

"Dude, I need guitar and a car....what can I do? "
ohhh, thank goodness VW has a guitar and car special together.

If VW was interested in co-branding with another product, maybe they could join up with Advil and Hallmark and offer a sympathy card and a bottle of asprin in every glove compartment.

I am not saying it will not intrigue future buyers ... but it is not better than being intrigued by cash on the hood IMO .... well a little better ... NAVI is still a sort of an exclusive option... these is a reason why no one offers it standard - there are many people who rather poscket $2500 than have Navi ...

Letting the ignorance show and proud of it...

No one offers NAV as standard?

I must have missed that BMW 7 series, STS-V, CTS-V,XLR or SL/CL/S-Class with the navigation delete option?

Yeah! The Civic has it as an option- offering navigation as an option is no longer an option.

Yogi Berra? Is that you?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.