GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a radio add today from Van Chevrolet in Carrollton, Texas (DFW) that was advertising a free Aveo with the purchase of select Suburbans, Tahoes, Corvettes or Conversion Vans. Does this surprise anyone? I personally don't like the Aveos
but are they really selling that bad that a dealer wants to give them away?

I looked for information on the Internet but couldn't find anything.

Thoughts?

Ryan

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I'm in Plano and I heard about that too. What's the gimmick??

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Buy an optioned out, converted 50+K Suburban at MSRP or something, and it probably still works out for the dealer. :D

You can tow the Aveo around like an RV on trips.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@Apr 30 2004, 01:03 AM
I personally don't like the Aveos but are they really selling that bad that a dealer wants to give them away?
i don't know that giving away a free car is proof that the car is selling poorly (though the aveo very well might not be). this contest has my attention! a 'vette'd cost too much to give away, so an aveo sorta makes sense.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
True true...

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think that if you buy a 'Vette they should include an Aveo so you can commute to work and track the 'Vette on weekends :lol:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by banzai79@May 1 2004, 05:32 AM
I think that if you buy a 'Vette they should include an Aveo so you can commute to work and track the 'Vette on weekends :lol:
LOL That'd be awesome! = the Vette that is...Aveo: OK... :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove by the dealership today and they didn't look that busy.. maybe they didn't get the word out that much... or maybe people just don't like the Aveo.

Ryan

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yea, I think their advertising campaign isn't going very well. I only heard the ad once, and never again...hmm, go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only way Id drive an Aveo is if it was free, and then I'd immediately but a for sale sign on it and buy something better.

Thats my opinion on the Aveo :frankie:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed, not sure what Chevrolet was thinking when they put this on the market. Is it suppose to compete with a Civic or a Focus? Or is that the job of the Cobalt?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
It competes with the Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Toyota Echo, and Suzuki Aerio.
All 1 class lower than Civic/Corolla/Sentra/Focus.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 3 2004, 12:26 PM
Agreed, not sure what Chevrolet was thinking when they put this on the market. Is it suppose to compete with a Civic or a Focus? Or is that the job of the Cobalt?
hmmm... looks like their advertising hasn't worked. from what i understand it's meant to compete with subcompact cars (hyundai accent, kia rio, toyota echo) and act as GM's entry-level car, to free the cobalt up to more pointedly compete with the focus, corolla and civic. but obviously GM hasn't properly advertised the aveo, or you would have known that. it sure can't compete with the civicand corolla, and if that's what people think then it appears as a huge failure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts