GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan, the car was in a wreck and needs to have the front clip replaced, the drivers side front was hit and the new metal was installed but the guy didn't straiten the body before doing so because he's a moron and I'm taking him to court. But anyways my ?, will the front clip from the bottom of the windshield "the cowl" from a Coupe work on my Sedan?

I've looked close at photos and it looks like the body starts changing midway through the top of the door, or the roof.

And will the Engine cradle that is from the Coupe with 3.5L motor work with my 3.9L motor Sedan?

Thanks for your help:)

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I am almost 100% sure it will work. That is one way manufacturers are able to save money (by sharing as much of the coupe/sedan/wagon body and subframe as possible).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I bought the car with a salvage title, the business that sold the car was going to do all the repairs "frame work was already done when I bought car so he tells me" to where I drive car home with rebuilt title, I picked up car because no work was being done and I finished the rest.

when I put on the bumper and lights nothing is aligned, So I take it to two frame shops that say the car needs the front clip replaced, and wont pull on the body because the welds or not done the right way.

And there's a coupe front clip locally and I can get it for $600 if I do some of the work which I will to save me money.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
That's kind of a mess...does it at least have the six speed manual?

Fixing a salvage car isn't that bad, but fixing a salvage car after someone else attempted to fix it...I dunno...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto, I gone through that hole performance stage and this is just my smooth, quiet, comfortable car, my first 4 door

1 - 6 of 6 Posts