GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former UAW President Gary Jones was arraigned today on numerous felony charges relating to his tenure as the UAW President.

Special arrangements were made to do the arraignment via videoconference, allowing Mr. Jones to avoid the media and former constituents: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...s-appears-court-racketeering-case/5184952002/

Mr. Jones is tentatively scheduled to plead guilty to the charges on June 3, 2020.

·
Registered
16,674 Posts
I'm sure he's ashamed of himself...now that he's been caught.

Shingledecker understands that federal law protects Jones to be able to receive his pension and other retirement benefits. He wants to see Jones receive the maximum sentence.
I can't believe this - do something like this and the pension/retirement benefits should be forfeit.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure he's ashamed of himself...now that he's been caught.

I can't believe this - do something like this and the pension/retirement benefits should be forfeit.

In the USA state that I live, if a law enforcement officer or public employee is convicted of several different crimes - including theft in office, their pension (even if fully vested) can be forfeited.

·
Premium Member
11,275 Posts
In my county they don’t take your pension fund earnings but you can’t prosper off your criminal activities so no books or paid interviews. And good luck getting a job when released.

·
Premium Member
35,461 Posts
Shocking!!! Absolutely shocking!!! And I thought all these UAW officials were square as could be.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not sure if his pension and healthcare benefits will continue if UAW President Gary Jones is "convicted" of a felony. I'm sure this is a major issue his attorneys are focused on as part of a plea deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts