GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really like 'retro'. I mean, the PT Cruiser is very ugly. The only retro cars I like is the retro-designed SSR and concept Nomad from Chevrolet. Besides that, designing the 300C to make it 'retro' was a horrible idea. Forget the inspired design from Shelby Cobra in 1966. Its not 1966. Its not 1952. Its not 1912 for goodness sake. Its 2004! Bring on the cars that have advanced technology, not the same dashboard as a 62' Mustang! In 1955, they pictured cars that could fly. Why didn't we come up with the technology like that. Meanwhile we're stuck with a whole bunch of gas-guzzlers in which every 2 miles you have to get gas. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ITS 2004!!!!!!!
ITS NOT 1934!!!!!!
ITS NOT 1952!!!!!
its not 1912
not 1913
not 1914
not 1915
not 1916
not 1917
not 1918
not 1919
not 1920
not 1921
not 1922
not 1923
not 1924

Shall I go on?

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I will agree to the fact of 'heritage', but then I begin to question heritage:

Why will we have heritage if the heritage never sold good. For example, the current T-Bird. The original wasn't a 'seller', and the recent T-Birds before this current-edition weren't carrying any type of tradition that the current T-Bird is showing. The old T-Bird, I would've thought looks like a coupe during the 90s' like any type of coupe:

....heritage is a lot to follow, because most of the time, things change. I remember when the pop-up lights in the Corvette used to be a tradition factor, but of course that didn't last for all of the Corvette's long-life. For 2005, Chevrolet has popped out the pop-up lights and made the current Corvette sleeker and lighter to make it look more like a Ferrari. Why do that? Because the times change. 'Heritage won't always live up to its name'.

Definition ala heritage: Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition. (according to Dictionary.com)

Personally, the Corvette doesn't always have pop-up lights, the T-Bird doesn't always have the same convertible thing going on, and the Mercury Cougar isn't always what it is supposed to be. The point is, the times change, and we need to change with the times.....

As for GM, I do regret saying that the Nomad and SSR are cute, because once you look at them in true life, you see that they're really ugly! The point is, why can't we move on from the past..Yeah! This world has made some stupid mistakes in their life and moved on, why can't we just move on. Don't tell me 'because it sells' because personally, everyone looks at a Ferrari and says 'oh my gosh', and everyone wants to be the 'oh my gosh' car. Times change. A few decades ago, people could care less about Ferrari's. Everyone was buying muscle cars with big V-8's that made a rumble when started up and had a puff of smoke that could cause coughing. Now everyone wants their hands on a smooth, slick Porsche or Ferrari. :lol:

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Tone, please do look at my post again:

"times change, so change with the times".

I don't care if they want to go back to all these stupid designs, but just change with the times as the times change.. if you do you won't regret a design, because everyone will like it!!!
I'm sure you have a pair of Nike's or Reebok's in your closet. A few decades ago, all people would care about is being able to actually WEAR shoes, since many couldn't afford them. Now, everyone's coughing up the $100 bill to pay for those Nike's and Reebok's; that is the golden example and the same should go for cars, foods, cd's, music, computers, technology, science & everything else that involves daily life!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.