GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Posted Apr 21st 2008 7:57AM by Dan Roth
Filed under: Etc., Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover
Geoff Polites, who's stewardship of Land Rover and Jaguar improved the health of both properties, has succumbed after a long illness. Polites led Jaguar and Land Rover back to collective profitability, and kept a steady hand on the helm during the upheaval surrounding the sale to Tata a month ago. While rumors swirled and pundits punned, it was Polites leadership that kept Jaguar and Land Rover on an even keel, with heads down and concentrating, instead of freaking out. Polites spent 40 years in the automotive business, and rose to CEO at Jaguar Land Rover in 2005. Both brands have strong, stylish product portfolios with name cachet, and David Smith, CFO of Jaguar Land Rover will step in as acting CEO for now. Press release after the jump.

[Source: Ford]

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/21/jaguar-land-rover-ceo-dies/

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Jaguar/Land Rover CEO dies.

Not surprised. I'd probably die too if my brands went to an Indian company.

Ouch that was a low blow.... Someone dies and you say "not suprised". Not cool dude

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Jaguar/Land Rover CEO dies.

Now that statement is crossing the line.
Yeah, it was crossing the line but there is some truth to that. If I worked hard trying to bring a company back to greatness and it was bought by a company from India, then I would become very depressed too. God bless him and his family and may he drive British Jags and Land Rovers in Heaven:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.