GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Re: Ford ups warrenty coverage of 2015 F150 to 4years 50,000 miles?

That's the basic warraty, right?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it costs Ford $500.00 per/F150 for the 4th year warranty....

They get higher residual from longer warranty...
Huge marketing potential against GM and Ram...
Potentially lower rebates......
Potentially more sales because of the extra year of coverage....

It is a no brainer if Ford adds the 4th year of warranty coverage......

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Hmmmm..... 'interesting'.

Basic warranty coverage needs to be split up anyway - for all essentially.

Need to split out an 'A' and 'B' item list.

'B' items would be largely electronic in nature and or also super expensive to repair.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could have sworn that I read this in a Ford media release last week, but now I can't find it. But it might have been commentary from someone's quick review.
They don't want to announce the new warranty coverage until they have enough 2015 trucks produced and production speed ramped up in Dearborn......

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Window stickers on the 2015 still shows 3/36 and 5/60 . I'll have to do some digging and see what I can come up with but I havent seen anything pop up on my news ticker at work, not that I've really been paying much attention to it lately though.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Window stickers on the 2015 still shows 3/36 and 5/60 . I'll have to do some digging and see what I can come up with but I havent seen anything pop up on my news ticker at work, not that I've really been paying much attention to it lately though.
You have window stickers on 2015 F150?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You have window stickers on 2015 F150?
Yes, the new trucks are already showing in my locator. They're all at the plant still so I would say in another month or so we should see them.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Easy way to offer good value to the consumer for the slight added cost to purchase. Also keeps the new trucks close to the dealer and thus manufacturers eye...

Whatever might crop up is closer and easier to fix....

Chassis failure over time with heavy use? Nah....I'm just kidding

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I have been recommending a 7-8 year B2B for Cadillac for a long time, which could give greater resale values, making leasing a better option and giving the impression that the vehicle is better because the car is warranted longer. Impressions ARE important

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.