GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
I have to laugh at you Total Recall Motors sycophants who think the rest of car lovers have the attachment to what "platform" something is called. At Ford, we only care about the car - not what platform it might be built off. And we can see how that platformcentric bilge is working for Total Recall Motors.

·
Premium Member
11,409 Posts
This is nothing more than a future wish list.
We've heard reports of imminent RWD Lincolns for the past five years or more that never eventuated so until Ford makes any official announcement, I would regard any talk with suspicion, . For the next five years at least, Ford will be sharing its platforms or modified versions with Lincoln.

·
Banned
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is nothing more than a future wish list.
We've heard reports of imminent RWD Lincolns for the past five years or more that never eventuated so until Ford makes any official announcement, I would regard any talk with suspicion, . For the next five years at least, Ford will be sharing its platforms or modified versions with Lincoln.
It sounds way too specific for that, with four sources and a platform code and all the details....this blows any Lincstang rumor out of the water.

Congrats to Rueters for doing their homework.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Based on the Article, its just a FWD architecture w/ longitudinal engines. Nothing new here
No, the article specifically states that the platform will be able to accommodate RWD as well.

I remember hearing about Chrysler making a similar dual FWD/RWD platform.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
No, the article specifically states that the platform will be able to accommodate RWD as well.

I remember hearing about Chrysler making a similar dual FWD/RWD platform.
Just like the Epsilon II was supposed to support RWD. In theory, yes. In actuality, no

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Just like the Epsilon II was supposed to support RWD. In theory, yes. In actuality, no
Why, in actuality, could Ford not do it? Reuters had four sources to compile the article. I don't know how many of them knew about D6, but they specifically mention RWD applications.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Why, in actuality, could Ford not do it? Reuters had four sources to compile the article. I don't know how many of them knew about D6, but they specifically mention RWD applications.
There is talking about doing something challenging, and actually doing it. There is talking about doing something challenging, and it all ends up as just paper engineering. Past behaviour IS indicative of future performance. If you believe Lincoln has what it takes (committed money, dedicated executive attention, committed money, engineering, committed money, oh and committed money - not just money theoretically available in the company coffers) to accomplish this, then fine. Have a nice day, Polyanna.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
There is talking about doing something challenging, and actually doing it. There is talking about doing something challenging, and it all ends up as just paper engineering. Past behaviour IS indicative of future performance. If you believe Lincoln has what it takes (committed money, dedicated executive attention, committed money, engineering, committed money, oh and committed money - not just money theoretically available in the company coffers) to accomplish this, then fine. Have a nice day, Polyanna.
If there are four sources verifying this information, why don't you believe it? Did you read the article?

1 - 20 of 159 Posts