GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Farley in particular emphasizes icon branding, so I could see Farley cooking up something with the Thunderbird brand. But I can't imagine a successful push to resurrect a vehicle that resembles the Thunderbird as we knew it.

I looked into the origin of this story and it's total fiction concocted once again by Brett Foote at Ford Authority. He keeps poisoning the news cycle with fake stories and it's absolutely driving me crazy because they get picked up and spread like a virus without question. Ignore everything this guy writes, seriously! It's pure clickbait.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
At least this time it's framed as speculation and he has some sort of corporate quote to frame it with. I am unaware of anything resembling a Lincoln sedan coming to North America, but I've long speculated that electrification and China could open the door for one here. When Lincoln was planning to resurrect the Continental brand on the Rivian-based EV, it was a flagship Crossover/SUV. One of the reasons it was killed is because Lincoln decided that an expensive flagship EV was not a worthwhile or sustainable market. Since the Rivian was cancelled, the name could still be reserved for an EV sedan....unless that Aviator-like EV gets the branding instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts