GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I will not claim to be as smart as Elon Musk. I do not agree with him all the time, however, he is smart enough for me to listen and consider what he has to say. He is reputed by those that know him to be brilliant, just like Bush 43. He is said to be extremely brilliant in private, despite his fool public persona
Lord have mercy! Elon Musk may be proven to have been mistaken by the passage of time, but he makes a serious argument that deserves serious discussion. Your post was made a complete hash of it. Musk believes that the World will experience a population crash by the end of the century. That is the Year 2100, nearly 78 years from now. Your post claims that the population crash is happening now. And you want to be taken seriously....

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
Didn't you hear, the gays figured out a way to have kids, We're saved!!
They steal kids from south of ze boarder. Its a complete network. Ever wondered what happens to all those children coming from Nicaragua alone, 3,000 or more miles and no single person asks the child where the mother is, It's kind of odd. but Congress does not ask these questions.

·
Premium Member
11,660 Posts
They steal kids from south of ze boarder. Its a complete network. Ever wondered what happens to all those children coming from Nicaragua alone, 3,000 or more miles and no single person asks the child where the mother is, It's kind of odd. but Congress does not ask these questions.
Guys at the border on horse back clubbing them like harp seals while there’s a polite golf clap from the white shoe brigade. Without illegals, who’s going to do all the menial work for couple of bucks an hour……just funnin’ with ya.

I remember a Bank of America senior executive had a housekeeper working for him, illegal immigrant with a 350k mortgage ( before the GFC) was offered an increase to 500k…..only in America.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
This went off the rails.......

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
Guys at the border on horse back clubbing them like harp seals while there’s a polite golf clap from the white shoe brigade. Without illegals, who’s going to do all the menial work for couple of bucks an hour……just funnin’ with ya.

I remember a Bank of America senior executive had a housekeeper working for him, illegal immigrant with a 350k mortgage ( before the GFC) was offered an increase to 500k…..only in America.
So, we allow law breaking and hope everything will be alright. I will tell you one thing, as someone that immigrated from a country that at the time did not take the rule of law, sooner or later, disregard for the rule of law will extinguish the freedoms we have here, and guess what? There will be nowhere to run. Immigration is good, lawlessness is not.

As to the 'who will do the menial work' part, there is always innovation, or do it yourself, or pay more. In Kenya, I have house help and a driver, here, I can only afford a cleaning lady 4 times a month, I still keep our house clean with the wife and kids. So, the menial work still gets done...

Lawlessness breeds crime, but we as a society cannot ignore the serious human rights abuses, just to get cheap labor. That is extremely evil, it's the very slavery we supposedly oppose, to have people who have no protection under the law exploited in an underworld of unaccountability.
Do not believe me, look at San Francisco finally voting conservative. Why? lawlessness.
Hair Forehead Nose Smile Cheek

Kathryn Steinle, killed in cold blood, by someone in the country illegally. Imagine if she was your family.

Utopian ideas from Stanford have zero effect on the nature of the human capacity for evil. This is why the rule of law needs to be protected.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Like much of Western Europe, the United States has been experiencing a decline in its native-born population. Our population growth is powered by immigrants. With fewer people being born here, our native born labor pool has declined. We are able to maintain our employment growth by hiring immigrants.

Shutting down immigration will have some major consequences for our economy--some of which are happening already. Others are easy to predict.
  • Where employers need local employees, the trend toward robots will accelerate. Walk into a major retail store like Walmart* for a glimpse into your future.
  • If the job can be done remotely, then it will be done remotely over an Internet connection by workers in Bangladesh or some such place. And, I don't mean just call centers. If a job can be done from home in the suburbs or while taking an RV trip around the US, then it can be done is Tahiti, Barbados, or Surinam.
  • The aging of the American population will accelerate with no new healthcare workers from the Philippines and Nigeria to care for them.
Long story short--this is an incredibly bad idea.
You might already be aware that I find your posts thoughtful, balanced and quite articulate, if that means anything.

Nicely stated.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Didn't you hear, the gays figured out a way to have kids, We're saved!!
Hey, hey, hey! Haven't my people suffered enough? Why persecute the good people who have gentrified many a neighborhood across the land?

(Good lord, I can only imagine what that statement will unleash!)

But relax, tripowergto, I'm teasing you, because I know you have a sense of humor and can take it in stride.

·
Premium Member
11,660 Posts
So, we allow law breaking and hope everything will be alright. I will tell you one thing, as someone that immigrated from a country that at the time did not take the rule of law, sooner or later, disregard for the rule of law will extinguish the freedoms we have here, and guess what? There will be nowhere to run. Immigration is good, lawlessness is not.

As to the 'who will do the menial work' part, there is always innovation, or do it yourself, or pay more. In Kenya, I have house help and a driver, here, I can only afford a cleaning lady 4 times a month, I still keep our house clean with the wife and kids. So, the menial work still gets done...

Lawlessness breeds crime, but we as a society cannot ignore the serious human rights abuses, just to get cheap labor. That is extremely evil, it's the very slavery we supposedly oppose, to have people who have no protection under the law exploited in an underworld of unaccountability.
Do not believe me, look at San Francisco finally voting conservative. Why? lawlessness.

Kathryn Steinle, killed in cold blood, by someone in the country illegally. Imagine if she was your family.

Utopian ideas from Stanford have zero effect on the nature of the human capacity for evil. This is why the rule of law needs to be protected.
It must be terrible to live in a country that built itself on immigrants to now be so fearful of them that you to dig into every nightmare trope just to prove a point…..lawlessness is already here, it’s not just something that sneaks over the border…….

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
That little pig eco sport, or whatever.. Ka with larger wheels is better of dead if you ask me. How is Trudeau working out for you in our frozen territories to the North? Turns out he is more Mugambe than Canadian...apparently, there is a story going around that his mother was had by Castro...
The Ecospurt is in a much needed vehicle line, it might not be the Perfect Vehicle for the void, but Ford needs an Entry Level something after the loss of the Focus Fahita.

Trudeau is a WUSS and damaging the Country everyday he is at the Helm. But he has "Nice Hair" unlike Trump.

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
It must be terrible to live in a country that built itself on immigrants to now be so fearful of them that you to dig into every nightmare trope just to prove a point…..lawlessness is already here, it’s not just something that sneaks over the border…….
Of course as an immigrant who knows what lawlessness wrought on a society, so much as to leave my native land, I am , fearful of lawlessness especially by those running from it.

Case in point, I am watching Canada 🇨🇦 become what 🇰🇪 was in the 1990’s and what Zimbabwe 🇿🇼 is beginning to emerge from , and South Africa 🇿🇦 is a few years sunk into.
These are all British Commonwealth countries, yet, they are not immune from Tyranny.

You give lawlessness an inch, and you sink into a bottomless pit, very difficult to dig out of. 🇮🇳 India dug that hole back in the 1950’s and 60’s.. they are yet to fully recover.

Thank God for the Canadian working class. They have exposed the lies about freedom..

we now know that we are living under tyranny

·
Premium Member
11,660 Posts
Of course as an immigrant who knows what lawlessness wrought on a society, so much as to leave my native land, I am , fearful of lawlessness especially by those running from it.

Case in point, I am watching Canada 🇨🇦 become what 🇰🇪 was in the 1990’s and what Zimbabwe 🇿🇼 is beginning to emerge from , and South Africa 🇿🇦 is a few years sunk into.
These are all British Commonwealth countries, yet, they are not immune from Tyranny.

You give lawlessness an inch, and you sink into a bottomless pit, very difficult to dig out of. 🇮🇳 India dug that hole back in the 1950’s and 60’s.. they are yet to fully recover.

Thank God for the Canadian working class. They have exposed the lies about freedom..

we now know that we are living under tyranny
You do realise that over 90% of those Canadian truckers are fully vaccinated and those carrying on protests on the bridge were well, just a noisy minority….

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Good grief. Jpd80, nobody is opposed to immigration. We are opposed to unfettered ILLEGAL immigration. I am also an immigrant. Now, my family moved South from Canada, when I was 9-months old.............. legally, of course. No other developed country has allowed one of their borders to literally cease to exist. I live in a border state............... and a whole lotta bad is happening, and has been for over a year now. Yes, there has always been illegal immigration, but it was held down to a dull roar. We are now sitting at levels unheard of, and accelerating.

Davester, I watch FOX and other channels, and do a lot of reading. Maybe you can point out the news reports saying that basically every single Canadian showed up were are occupying the area. As the wife of a Walmart truck driver, I was pretty well informed on the Freedom Convoy, and just can't remember anyone saying that. I will wait. ................... and wait.................. and wait. Hyperbole and lies does not truth make, and it does not strengthen your position. What it does do is show your disdain of others who do not believe exactly as you do.

Now, how about those EcoSports, and Ford's move to restart production in India??

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Good grief. Jpd80, nobody is opposed to immigration. We are opposed to unfettered ILLEGAL immigration. I am also an immigrant. Now, my family moved South from Canada, when I was 9-months old.............. legally, of course. No other developed country has allowed one of their borders to literally cease to exist. I live in a border state............... and a whole lotta bad is happening, and has been for over a year now. Yes, there has always been illegal immigration, but it was held down to a dull roar. We are now sitting at levels unheard of, and accelerating.

Davester, I watch FOX and other channels, and do a lot of reading. Maybe you can point out the news reports saying that basically every single Canadian showed up were are occupying the area. As the wife of a Walmart truck driver, I was pretty well informed on the Freedom Convoy, and just can't remember anyone saying that. I will wait. ................... and wait.................. and wait. Hyperbole and lies does not truth make, and it does not strengthen your position. What it does do is show your disdain of others who do not believe exactly as you do.

Now, how about those EcoSports, and Ford's move to restart production in India??
Bunk. "... nobody is opposed to immigration. We are opposed to ... ILLEGAL immigration" is what people say when they opposed immigration, but can't defend their position. The are people in high profile positions that make no bones about their opposition to legal immigration. To name two--Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon come readily to mind. Google them if you are not familiar with them. Steve is the more vocal of the two. He will explain to you that legal documented immigration far outstrips undocumented immigration. He wants to reduce immigration by reducing the major source of immigration. Reducing the minor source of immigration will not get the job done.

Let me share a little story about Steve from the early days of the last Administration. He related a tale about his visit to Silicon Valley. While there, he was alarmed by the numbers of Chinese that he saw in Silicon Valley firms. The thing is that many of the Chinese that Steve saw founded the firms that he saw them working in. Those firms also employ a lot of native-born US citizens in very high-paying jobs. Bannon is anything but dumb. He knows that without those Chinese, their firms would not be in America and the Americans employed by those firms would be working elsewhere for less.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
We loaded up with 6 "Last Chance Eco Sport Allotments". 6 would normally be a 3 year supply (in normal times)

So "Why would a Dealer want 1000+ Days Supply?"

#1, The Chip Shortage has made 6 units a 60 Day Supply, not the Normal 1000+ Day Supply
#2, The Dealer needs Service Loaners, Usually uses Escapes, but they are in even shorter supply.
#3, The Last Chance, or so we thought Ford
#4, The lack of Fiesta/Focus/Fusion as Credit Challenged Customers need to drive too.

So was Ford Wishy Washy or just seen a Product that Can be Built at a Under utilized Plant? The problem is, normal Order to Dealer's Lot time for the Eco Sport is 6 months, add 100000 extra North America Orders to the Mix, now the wait time will be 9-12 months, right when the Chip Shortage should be ending.

My guess is Ford was just playing a Chess Game with North America, they never were going to Pull Out of India.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Bunk. "... nobody is opposed to immigration. We are opposed to ... ILLEGAL immigration" is what people say when they opposed immigration, but can't defend their position...
Rather insulting thing to say.

The "nobody" part is very likely wrong, but yes, a great deal of people (dare I say most) oppose illegal immigration without opposing immigration. The vast majority of us either are immigrants or have immigrants higher up the family tree. At GM, I work with a LOT of immigrants, and I find that situation fantastic. But I certainly don't support illegal immigration.

If you break the law, you are a criminal. And I absolutely love the political slogan I've heard lately, "Let's make crime illegal again." Of course that's meant to apply to way more than immigration laws.

Now, you may not like the current immigration laws, or how many, or what type of immigrants are legally allowed in. But that doesn't mean you get to go break whatever laws that you feel are wrong. That's not what a "free country" means. If you don't like a law, you are free to try and change it. Of course, if that doesn't work, it's because you didn't get enough people to agree with you.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts