GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday said it has recalled 170,500 vehicles in North America over a variety of defects that could lead to rattling seats, squeaky wheels and trouble starting engines.

The recall affects 145,500 F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks, Excursion sport utility vehicles, Crown Victoria police vehicles, and Lincoln Town cars, Ford spokesman Glenn Ray said.

The 2003 model-year pickup trucks and Excursion SUVs equipped with diesel engines have problems with battery connectors, which could affect the performance of the engine, cause it not to start and potentially melt other vehicle parts due to the high voltage, Ford said.

Both the vehicles were built from December 1, 2002, through March 31, 2003, in Ford's Kentucky truck plant.

The Crown Victoria and Lincoln Town cars have defective axles that could cause wheels to squeak or the vehicles to come to a stop, the Ford said.

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
theres goes ford again. sorry xellow

fyi- aveo's wheels never fell off, or nor was there a TSB or recall having to do with the aveo's wheels. what accured was there was obviously a wheel issue they wanted to "look at" , and requested dealers hold aveos while it was being researched, and turned out to be nothing. IMO they were being overly cautious dude to the major add campaign going on at the time which included the aveo.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by powervette@Jul 8 2004, 03:53 PM
I am worried that many potential Ford buyers are going to purchase a Toyota now...
Or a Chevy or Dodge. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
When Ford Recalls a car We the GM enthusiasts Examine the matter under a Magnifying glass because this just proves our Credibility that Ford = Found On Road Dead..

This means that ford is going down the Drain once again - We hope...
All potential Buyers should buy a real car like the 70 chevy nova big block, with flame decals, and yo-samity-sam mud flaps, Now thats a sweet ride.

Go GM!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Jul 8 2004, 11:25 AM
When Ford Recalls a car We the GM enthusiasts Examine the matter under a Magnifying glass because this just proves our Credibility that Ford = Found On Road Dead..

All potential Buyers should buy a real car like the 70 chevy nova big block, with flame decals, and yo-samity-sam mud flaps, Now thats a sweet ride.

i dont think anyone here was all that critical of it. although, being gm loyalists some of us tend to take some enjoyment from competitors recalls. but actually, IMO it really doesnt mean much since its the old version (03) of the f series. had it been off the new model they are pushing so hard, and gaining awards for, there might be some concern.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I too take GREAT pleasur in hearing about :flush: Ford's :flush: recalls or any other non-GM company as well...

At the same time recalss have to almost be expected on a new line, especially one as extensive as the F-series...

But from what I read & understand it was only their Diesal engines... which narrows it down to bad design and engineering on a specific line.... and on that note I beleive this critism is well deserved!! :argue:

Now is there anything on the Crown Vic that actually DOES work and not Malfunction... Seriously I'll pay the difference in price for a superior car if it means my axles or wheels won't fall off or my car explode.... or have my battery melt my engine bay.... or , naw forget it I'd be here all day!! :woot2:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by MalibuZ31@Jul 8 2004, 05:00 AM
I too take GREAT pleasur in hearing about  :flush: Ford's :flush:  recalls or any other non-GM company as well...
Why???? Whats the point? Your foolin yourself man.

BTW personal experences prove nothing other than what you want to hear, again your fooling your selfs.

Since Bill Ford, The company has improved alot! Gm in all their recalls have showed strides.

I just hope you dont actually think that way.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by awalbert88@Jul 8 2004, 09:51 AM
When this year is done, will there be any vehicles on the road not recalled?
:lol: Probably not!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,286 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s+Jul 8 2004, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IMPALAon20s @ Jul 8 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xellow@Jul 8 2004, 11:25 AM

:lol:
[/b][/quote]
Uhh, it's Yosemite Sam. :afro:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Jul 8 2004, 11:25 AM

I hope that was all in jest, because GM has recalled more vehicles this year than anyone else by a huge margin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dont the forget the recalls in the Exploder, Taurus, F150s, and superdutys, and also they are facing lawsuits put against them, alot people determine GM has alot of recalls but ford is just the same but there the type that dont want the news to get out there for people to notice and stop buying there vehicles. :mrt:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead

F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge

Driver Returned On Foot (dyslexic)

F**ked On Race Day

and now we know

·
Registered
20 Posts
the 04 Ford is getting a recall for alot of defects happening to it, and while i was away i happend to go to fordtrucks.com seeing them compare the 04 against the competition saying the GMC was the worst, second toyota, and Dodge, now i wonder whos the worse now (the ford). Fords are alright but they gotta stop shooting the bull (bs'ing).

Fordtrucks website gots a pull off of the big 3 diesel comparing the 6.0 powerstroke, 6.6 Duramax, and 5.9 cummins, and somehow they got the baby stroke beating the LLY 590 and the cummins 600, saying it pulls harder then the two combined which i think is bull, first off i own a 04 Silverado HD with the LLY Duramax it pulls and works harder then the powerjoke and hauls azz when pullin my 2 axle trailer fully loaded. ahhh ford wonder how long that truck will last when the recall letter will be issued, all those fancy new gadgets and stuff, pain in the butt if one of those things goes haywire on the people who buy them. :mrt:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by #3Chevy@Jul 9 2004, 02:06 AM
the 04 Ford is getting a recall for alot of defects happening to it, and while i was away i happend to go to fordtrucks.com seeing them compare the 04 against the competition saying the GMC was the worst, second toyota, and Dodge, now i wonder whos the worse now (the ford). Fords are alright but they gotta stop shooting the bull (bs'ing).

Fordtrucks website gots a pull off of the big 3 diesel comparing the 6.0 powerstroke, 6.6 Duramax, and 5.9 cummins, and somehow they got the baby stroke beating the LLY 590 and the cummins 600, saying it pulls harder then the two combined which i think is bull, first off i own a 04 Silverado HD with the LLY Duramax it pulls and works harder then the powerjoke and hauls azz when pullin my 2 axle trailer fully loaded. ahhh ford wonder how long that truck will last when the recall letter will be issued, all those fancy new gadgets and stuff, pain in the butt if one of those things goes haywire on the people who buy them. :mrt:
Of course the Fords going to win if it's coming from it's own website

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99+Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chadbarb99 @ Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#3Chevy@Jul 9 2004, 02:06 AM

Of course the Fords going to win if it's coming from it's own website [/b][/quote]
And of course the GM will win on the GM site.

Truth of the matter (that I know anyways) is the Power Stroke accelerates harder than the LB7 Dura Max, but I haven't tried a LLY duramax to compare.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Jul 8 2004, 05:11 PM
Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead

F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge

Driver Returned On Foot (dyslexic)

F**ked On Race Day

and now we know
'Warning' I know this is immature of me but since were having so much fun Id thought Id join in on it.

Like a Rock-
Styling like a rock-
performance like a rock-
hold its value like a rock

Q; WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE IF YOU HAD 100 CHEVY TRUCKS AND ONE FORD TRUCK?
A; You would have a good junk yard and one good tow truck.

Camaro
Can't America Make A Real One?

Chevrolet
- Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips.
- Crappy Hot-Running Engines, Very Rusted Out, Lose Every Time
- Cheap Heap Every Valve Rattles Oil Leeking Engine Ticks.............
- Cracked Heads Eating Vales Rusty Oil Leaking Every' Time

This ones soooo true..
- Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques.

That's not a leak, my Chevy's just marking its territory!

Chevy
Charged Heavily
Cheapest Heap Ever enVisioned Yet
Cheap Heapin' Every Vatos Yard

GMC
Garage Man's Companion
Generally Mediocre Cars
Got More Crap
Grungy Merchandise
Got Mechanic Coming
Gay Mans Chevy
Groan Moan (and) Collapse

BOW TIE ; Big Over Weight Tired Impotent Engines.

A Texan was talking big in a bar one night about how much money he had,how many women he had been with and how much land he owned. A young man, growing tired of all the big talk finally asked the Texan, "Just how much land do you actually own"? The Texan tipped back his cowboy hat and said to the young man " Well sonny let me put it to ya like this, I can get in my pickup at sunrise, drive all day long,skip lunch and still not get to the other side of my property by sundown". The young man shot back quickly, " Oh yeah, I know what you mean, I used to own a Chevy truck too"!

WHY DID CHEVY PUT HEATERS IN THE TAILGATES OF THEIR NEW TRUCKS?
To keep their hands warm when they are pushing the truck into the shop.

WHY ARE THERE SIDEWALKS BESIDE MOST STREETS AND HIWAYS?
So Chevy owners have a safe place to walk home.

HOW IS A GOLF BALL DIFFERENT FROM A CHEVY?
You can drive a golf ball 200 yards!

Haha! now we all know your self chadbarb99.

(Don't say I didn't warn about my immaturaty up front!)

BTW Typical Chevy After You Make Your Last Payment ->

1 - 20 of 22 Posts