1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts
http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/1...0r-mustang-thrashes-camaro-z28-s-ring-laptime

7:32.19

Faster than the (current) Z/28, for what it's worth.

Let's recap - the main difference between the GT350R and GT350 is that the GT350R has less weight (~125lbs), due to no backseat, carbon fiber rims, and reduced sound deadening. I'm not aware of any suspension or power changes.

So, not bad.
I'm pretty sure the tires are different. The GT350R has Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. I don't think the GT350 does.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isnt there more aero changes as well?? Im trying to remember the changes between the regular and the R.

Thats damn impressive though. Has MSRP been released yet?
Some minor things... I think it has some extra ground effects and that ugly wing.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much like the Z/28, this time puts the GT350R in pretty exclusive company. It's my assumption that the next Z/28 will beat this time.

Reactions: mchicha

·
Registered
5,300 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Impressive, and, yes, the real battle begins when the next Z/28 arrives. Hopefully it will be on the market by 2017. The GT350R will have two to three years to enjoy its domination. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I can't wait until they are on the same track, on the same day to see which is the winner. Until then kudos to Ford for delivering a very competent Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
I can't wait until they are on the same track, on the same day to see which is the winner. Until then kudos to Ford for delivering a very competent Mustang.
Now we are talking. How many Z/28 vs GT350 magazine covers will there be?

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Much like the Z/28, this time puts the GT350R in pretty exclusive company. It's my assumption that the next Z/28 will beat this time.
Seriously, does it matter at this point? The Z/28 might beat it... only to remind us how ungodly wild these cars are.

By the time you hit Z/28 territory you're already among the fastest and most high performance cars in the world and you can buy those times under iconic American sports car nameplates, Mustang and Camaro.

Now add in the 707hp Challenger Hellcat. Then add a 640hp CTS-V, an $80,000 Z06, a $51,000 Stingray, a new large Cadillac sedan on the way and possibly more, plus a slowly resurgent Lincoln with possibly? a RWD MKS at New York ALONGSIDE a Cadillac CT6 with a new, very high-end Navigator coming further in the future.

Someone complain about being an American car fan. We've seriously never had it better.

PS, I even forgot to mention the GT and forthcoming Zora.

I heard the Z28 laps were run in the snow, at night and with one tire flat.

Anyway, good job Ford! They just provided some incentive to the Camaro team to work a little harder!
I heard all four.

Good job AMERICA.

Now we are talking. How many Z/28 vs GT350 magazine covers will there be?
3?

Also what heck..... I have yet to see the 2015-2016 Corvette Z06 w/Z07 package ring times anyone know what they were or even if GM ran it yet let alone a Vette Z51?
[insert power loss joke]

1 - 20 of 93 Posts