GM Inside News Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts
The design does nothing for me. Seems like a Bronco with a longer bed. Its nice for those that need one. Would be better had it gotten the bronco eyes and name if you ask me..

now, its just meh...

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Let's see how long GM takes to react.

If this was the old GM from a decade ago it would go something like this...
-GM announces they're looking at the segment... A year later GM says they're going to watch sales of the competitor products.... Another 6 months later GM says they are considering building a compact truck of their own... Six months later GM says they're further into the development of the product... 6 months later they show off a really good looking concept of a compact truck... A year later GM says it's watching sales of competition as the competition sales numbers dip slightly... Silence from GM for 2 years... Another year later GM finally announces the program is dead.

Hopefully that is the old GM and not the current GM.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If GM were to react would you guys want them to resurrect the LUV name or go with something new lol

Reactions: Neanderthal

·
Registered
709 Posts
I would buy a Maverick XL with few options if I ever have to replace my 2010 Grand Marquis with almost 90,000 miles.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
If it aint electric...it aint happening. They don't have the production capacity anywhere to do this without sacrificing something else.

Only place I can think of a trucklet coming in short notice is from the Equinox plant. It actually wouldn't be a bad idea basing it off the Equinox though I prefer a Blazer trucklet.

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts
If GM were to react would you guys want them to resurrect the LUV name or go with something new lol
The design wouqld have to be RWD for the LUV name to make an impact from a marketing standpoint, and it would have to be BOF, therefore a proper mini truck in the traditional sense

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,265 Posts
If this was the old GM from a decade ago it would go something like this...
Well, let's see what the old GM offered years ago.

And Zeta-based concept GMC Denali 2008 which was supposed to go into production

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts
Well, let's see what the old GM offered years ago.

And Zeta-based concept GMC Denali 2008 which was supposed to go into production

Maloo, what was, what will never be.. they now strategize on zero zero zero , critical race theories and how to get a hold of tax payer dollars

·
Premium Member
35,769 Posts
Some updated info, looks like 2.0L EB and 2.5L Hybrid are the only engines. The Hybrid is FWD only. Not sure which engine is standard at this point. I have a hard time picturing a $20K-ish price point for this, but who knows.
Maybe they're taking a page out of the Toyota Pious handbook. Sell a loss leader at first to get people in the stores and the product on the roads where people can see them. The sales avalanche will come in due time.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts