GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
2.5L Hybrid Standard (FWD Only) Pricing begins just under $20K (2,000 lbs towing)
2.0L FWD/AWD (8-Speed) 250hp/277lb-ft (4,000lb Towing)
Bed Dimensions 4.5' x 4', 1,500lb Payload
Drainable Storage Under Rear Seat for Ice
Ford will emphasize "Built Ford Tough" in the debut, designed to be even more durable than Bronco Sport or Escape.
No Pro-Power stuff on the Hybrid, just a 400W bed outlet.

·
Super Moderator
20,949 Posts
I love the concept and truly hope GM follows.

But the execution is...eh. There's something awkward or disproportionate about the overall design.

But it'll probably sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The design could use a better face and rear, I don't mind the rest, the interior is nicely done.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
It's okay for what it is, but that front looks terrible. I'd just get a Ridgeline instead.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
The Hyundai Ridgeline starts at $37K and is mid to full size.
Ha...you're right, for some reason I thought this was starting @ 30 optioning up to mid 40s. Starting at 21k isn't bad but damn couldn't they just have used some derivative of the Bronco Sports front end? This front is bad, like bad photoshop bad.

Who's doing front end design at Ford nowadays? This is the 4th Ford in recent memory with a bad front end design.
The 2019 Mustang botched the front end
The Explorer is bad
I'm not a huge fan of the New F150s front either
....and now this.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Eh its nice, but I liked the previous renderings of the front end which looked more like a Ford truck than the revealed product. Should sell well for Ford.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
MSRP = $19,995
I was not adoring of the front either, but watching it in the video, it seemed to work OK IMO
From the side/rear, it's okay...but 3/4 front to dead on...yeah it'll take a little to get used to. I just don't know why they couldn't just make it look better. Surely someone during the design process said somethign about the bug eyed nature of the front...right?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
The design could use a better face and rear, I don't mind the rest, the interior is nicely done.
Agree. Its not bad, but as far as the exterior style it would be hard to design something that looks more boring and conservative than this.
I would think that they would take a little more of a chance and make something that looks a bit 'sporty' for this smaller category. Other than that, I'm just glad the small truck category is coming back.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MSRP = $19,995
I was not adoring of the front either, but watching it in the video, it seemed to work OK IMO
Don't forget about the additional $1500 to ship it from Mexico.

Reactions: Neanderthal

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pricing strategy is smart. Offering only a hybrid on the base, means they can brag about low MSRP, while a large percentage of sales will surely be premium trim.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts