GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,057 Posts
Well, its like we expected, Nice, but nothing ground breaking. Just an Escape/Bronco with a bed. Another Subaru Baja.
Its going to be pricey with that leather. I Ridgeline should come into play at some price point

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maverick has quite a range in prices I'm sure, from base FWD XL to a Lariat FX4. They even have two different rear suspension setups to get pricing as low as possible.

And really, it's an extended Bronco Sport, it shares most of the engineering hard points which are different than those on the Escape platform mate.

They are getting incredible flexibility out of that C2 architecture. Compare that to CD6 under Explorer and Aviator which is only in those two products and will never be used elsewhere.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Honda has been very clear, their Santa Cruz compact pickup is not a truck. Ford is being quite clear, that Maverick is very much a truck. Looks like a winner for Ford

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am only interested in basic transportation at this stage of life, so I look forward to the Maverick XL 2wd, which I hope has a normally aspirated 2.0L or 2.5L 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That's what I am interested in as well. I don't need a mid to large and heavy BOF vehicle. I just need some bed space and a bit more durability, This makes much more sense to many lifestyles, than small sedan or even CUV

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
I'm not a fan of the front, side looks good and so does the interior. Not sure how useful that tiny bed is but I bet they'll sell well.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Dont like the front...at all, why couldn't they just slap the Bronco Sport front fascia onto it. These legit look like Gen 1 Equinox headlights

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I am only interested in basic transportation at this stage of life, so I look forward to the Maverick XL 2wd, which I hope has a normally aspirated 2.0L or 2.5L 4 cylinder.
What a horrid phase of life to be in.

What's next? You'll only like sleeping in a Pinewood box?!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Call me crazy, I prefer the Hyundai Santa Cruz to this.
Yeah, I like the Santa Cruz way more…but I dislike trucks so maverick is very meh to me. Santa Cruz is my absolute favourite new vehicle out this year. Maverick will appeal to a different demographic than Santa Cruz. I don’t see a much overlap in fan base. That said, I believe Maverick will do well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I like the Santa Cruz way more…but I dislike trucks so maverick is very meh to me. Santa Cruz is my absolute favourite new vehicle out this year. Maverick will appeal to a different demographic than Santa Cruz. I don’t see a much overlap in fan base. That said, I believe Maverick will do well.
WHAT!!!! YOU DON"T LIKE TRUCKS? Next thing you know your gonna tell me you don't like a nice pair of juggs!!!!

Any way, don know why you're not liking trucks has nothin to do with this, cuz this aint no truck...at least not for real men, my Gadsen flag on the back of my Avalanche is bigger than this entire little girly truck.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
This has the bigger wider screen does that mean it's getting Sync 4? If so odd move since the Bronco Sport debuted with 3.4 and I thought we were told it couldn't get 4.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Well, its like we expected, Nice, but nothing ground breaking. Just an Escape/Bronco with a bed. Another Subaru Baja.
Its going to be pricey with that leather. I Ridgeline should come into play at some price point
I see a stick in there. Ring the church bells to celebrate. I would prefer gray unpainted bumpers on a gray truck, then you won't be afraid to use it for real work

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Maverick has quite a range in prices I'm sure, from base FWD XL to a Lariat FX4. They even have two different rear suspension setups to get pricing as low as possible.

And really, it's an extended Bronco Sport, it shares most of the engineering hard points which are different than those on the Escape platform mate.

They are getting incredible flexibility out of that C2 architecture. Compare that to CD6 under Explorer and Aviator which is only in those two products and will never be used elsewhere.
I mean, there were several CD6 products planned, but they got dumped.

---

I think it looks pretty good - there are some things I don't love like the completely plastic rear bumper or the giant blank/black boxes where the foglights would go, but otherwise it looks good for what it is. Maybe those elements will look better with better photos. The interior looks nice as well.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum with the Santa Cruz - I thought that thing is hideous - an origami gone wrong.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
This has the bigger wider screen does that mean it's getting Sync 4? If so odd move since the Bronco Sport debuted with 3.4 and I thought we were told it couldn't get 4.
It's actually not a bigger screen, at least in that particular photo - it looks like the 8" with some sort of storage area next to it:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts