GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,675 Posts
This reservation game that Tethla started, almost always never pans out unless you are Corvette. Reminds me of the old iPhone, iPad mania, then few months later, they offer one ‘free‘ with a second line for your teenager.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Ford has a different strategy for transforming its low margin customers. They've been reluctant to embrace the subcompact B-Segment cars and utility, something GM and Stellantis have gone all-in on (GM has 4 of them, Stellantis has 2). This despite that EcoSport is/was the Word's bestselling Subcompact utility. There just isn't a business case to create factory space for this market. So instead they have the Maverick and Bronco Sport which are not B-Segment at all, but C-Segment. Ford can replace its factory volume of low-margin cars with higher-margin alternatives. Still affordable, but not commodities.

Ford's only remaining B-Segment vehicle is EcoSport, which is due for replacement in 2024, and apparently North America is getting a replacement in that segment that isn't the EcoSport, although I don't know what it is at this time. The Maverick-based Crossover was never developed, presumably because the Bronco Sport was the parallel product that got the funding.

·
Premium Member
34,675 Posts
Ford has a different strategy for transforming its low margin customers. They've been reluctant to embrace the subcompact B-Segment cars and utility, something GM and Stellantis have gone all-in on (GM has 4 of them, Stellantis has 2). This despite that EcoSport is/was the Word's bestselling Subcompact utility. There just isn't a business case to create factory space for this market. So instead they have the Maverick and Bronco Sport which are not B-Segment at all, but C-Segment. Ford can replace its factory volume of low-margin cars with higher-margin alternatives. Still affordable, but not commodities.

Ford's only remaining B-Segment vehicle is EcoSport, which is due for replacement in 2024, and apparently North America is getting a replacement in that segment that isn't the EcoSport, although I don't know what it is at this time. The Maverick-based Crossover was never developed, presumably because the Bronco Sport was the parallel product that got the funding.
The biggest killer of C segment is lightly used of lease better cars with warranty and useful life left For the money. For example my Fusion Energi, leather and well equipped, 6000 miles, $21K including registration and taxes, vs. an entry level brand new car.. it’s a no brainer…

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
GM is conducting a feasibility study concerning the feasibility of making a truck smaller than the Colorado, the feasibility study will be finished in six years with production to start in 2035 if feasible.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You guys missed the zerozerozero memo?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I like this but I'd like an expert to explain the pros and cons re: the usefulness of the design.

GM is conducting a feasibility study concerning the feasibility of making a truck smaller than the Colorado, the feasibility study will be finished in six years with production to start in 2035 if feasible.
Did not Isuzu make the LUV? Are they still in the business? Suzuki?

·
Registered
20,893 Posts
#LifestyleTruck

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,047 Posts
It's a shame that the dopey masses have turned the sedan into a fwd pick up.

...with optional AWD.
Well, yes and no. They'll need that optional bed cover or a shell to make up for the inside secure storage the other provides. I know my dad had to/went out and got a bed mounted locking tool box, one of those nice shiny expanded metal look ones, to have outside secure storage after the Ford F250 HD and the X-Terra went away for the Colorado ZR2. 🤔

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Well, yes and no. They'll need that optional bed cover or a shell to make up for the inside secure storage the other provides. I know my dad had to/went out and got a bed mounted locking tool box, one of those nice shiny expanded metal look ones, to have outside secure storage after the Ford F250 HD and the X-Terra went away for the Colorado ZR2. 🤔
Lockable tonneau covers are available as options.

·
Premium Member
34,675 Posts
What imports are there to conquer? Errr, the failing Ridgeline? Man Ford is always releasing these feel good launch stories before the real botch launch stories hit the wires

41 - 55 of 55 Posts